|
Author Topic:   You all know I make good weapons too...at least thats what I hear, so, 2 more!!!!!!!)
A2597
posted April 19, 2001 12:21 AM            
I have just compleated two new weapons, they will be released together as they are related.

the first is a fairly common weapon, a cross between the DirtBall and Heavy Flamer,
The Lava Ball
This shoots a single ball of Lava, it will seek to a small extent, but it does not have a great range, so aim up when you fire. two-three hits to kill. (If your lucky, and those shots HIT) and if not, there is a larger amoout of Splash damage then with the dirtball. it has a very nice explosion effect if I do say so myself, though by far NOT the best I've seen.

next up:
The Volcano
Yes, you read correctly, a volcano. when you pick it up it looks like a small red box, as soon as you fire it, it will start a jet powered drill that will dig to the planets Core, effectivly forming a volcano in 5-10 seconds, so make ceertain that you MOVE as soon as you fire it!!! oonce it's done drilling, the volcano will form and the lava starts flowin' the effect is VERY nice, it shoots three projectiles:
The Lava Ball
An edited lava ball(Speed ruduced, for effect only, but don't get to close....)
Chunks of Hot Rock Nope, not moltan, just goldden hot! these don't seek worth a hoot, but add alot!

I've had ALOT of vun with the volcano, I get 1-3 kills with it depending on my positioning of it.

Also, a fun thing to try, get on a slope and start one right behind you, (VERTICAL SLOPE!) once it starts, your be blasted WAY up, but as you fall (If you got it right) you'll be pretty much DEAD CENTER in the volcano, and lava balls will hit yo, shooting you up further, some of the lava balls make it up HUNDREDS of feet, so you might be up awhile, I know I got blasted WAY up, I could see more then five maps away! and yet I landed right next to the volcano (hitting the side of it even! LOL!)
in Race, it's best to place one DEAD center between two check points, that way the AIs will go dead center in it, right on top of the Lava. quite affective to be sure.

now, I don't know if I should release this next one.... "A World of Hurt Missile"
after the Cruise missile was developed, scientist continued to try and improve it, the final result was the World of Hurt Missile, three times as fast as a cruise missile, and with MUCH greater manuverability, nothing stops this missile, you will never have to worry about it hitting the ground, thoug threes are another matter. Howeveer this comes at a price, it will run out of fule quickly. another thing, if you are lucky, the missile will mearly graze the target, resulting in the destruction of the taget, and the missile finding another. I'll let you guys decide that one.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

A2597
posted April 19, 2001 12:31 AM            
oh yea, I'll get some screens up of them soon, and upload the Zips for all. I also forget to mention that these WILL WORK online, as NO images are included (Not so for the World of Hurt Missile though, just the Volcano and Lava Ball)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

JVortex
posted April 19, 2001 04:32 AM            
sounds all good to me. im anxious to compare the volcano to the one ive currently got (target!!!'s volcano). speaking of Target!!!, WHERE ARE YOU!!?!??!? ive done all kinds of work on these weapons and youre not around to get feedback from.

looking foreward to your new creations.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 20, 2001 07:10 AM            
Perhaps this is an odd question, but where can we get these weapons?

Whatever happened to Random Chaos' site? I've actually owned Treadmarks for over a year, and have just now begun to download other mods. No idea what took me so long...

IP:

A2597
posted April 20, 2001 12:18 PM            
JVortex and I are going though them right now, working out the few bugs in them.
(Mainly the Volcano)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP: