|
Author Topic:   does anyone know where to get mods?
oli2808
posted April 15, 2001 10:48 AM            
i've heard there sre loads of mods for treadmarks but i don't know where to get them.can someone please tell me? also are there any cheats for the game?

IP:

Rex R
posted April 15, 2001 01:11 PM            
welcome to the forum. you can get some 'mods' from www.bzrpg.com but the first 'mod/patch' you should get (if you haven't already gotten it) is the 1.59 patch this will allow you to join multi-player games with the rest of us (when you feel ready of course). as for cheats... there aren't any, sorry. have fun. hope to fra*cough* I mean 'meet' you online

------------------
virtual mechanic/[BWL]

IP:

oli2808
posted April 15, 2001 03:51 PM            
Cheers very much Rex. I got loads of mods of the site. As for the cheap fragging gag - tell me where and when and i'll frag your ass!

IP:

JVortex
posted April 15, 2001 05:56 PM            
lol, gotta love the spirit there! welcome aboard. its fraggin time...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

johnsan
posted April 15, 2001 06:04 PM            
There are also a number of Mods available for FTP from Skandranon:
FTP to 206.152.117.189 , username:Treadmarks , password: LDA

Probably the thing you would want to grab is my-modified-addons.zip

I keep 2 Addons directories - a Kasplatts and a Skandranons. I change the name of the one I want to use to "Addons" when needed. I guess because there are several different mod versions out there, and I don't want to overwrite them.

Here is a question: Does having a servers particular mod package in you addons directory speed up the synching process?

------------------
-The Weatherman

IP:

JVortex
posted April 15, 2001 07:16 PM            
ya it does help to speed things up. i have the exact same addon directory as the Kasplattt server and so there is no synching done when i log into it. i also have more than one addon folder that i rename, heh. i have a folder that is generic and just has a buttload of mods in it, i use that one for just general servers. normally that one has to synch from 30 to 300 depending on where i log in at.

i could be wrong here (and someone please correct me if i am) but as far as i know as long as you have the propper models and art the server will throw in all the necessary ent files for you. so in theory all you would need is one addon folder crammed full of everything for internet play and then maybe 1 for offline play or LAN use if you want that has all your custom doo-dads in it.

but ya, if you dont mind renaming your folders and you dont like waiting for the synch process then have a different folder for each server.

personally i have 1 folder for general play, 1 for the kasplatt server since it has mods that arent on any other server yet, 1 for offline play/ working on mods and one that is a mod specific package that should be getting released sometime soon here...

there should also be a *.bat file available soon that will take care of renaming and file shuffling of your addons folders for you. it will save the trouble of going in and renaming your mod folders by hand.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited April 15, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 20, 2001 01:39 AM            
cheers? getting a lot of brits in here. Good, need some culture for those of us that live in the Wild West

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP: