|
Author Topic:   Weapons Comments
Manray
posted April 12, 2001 08:56 AM         
I must say that some of the new weapons entities that some of you have come up with are rather interesting. The best one I've seen so far is the particle beam weapon. The first time I used it I took out my opponent AND half the hill he was sitting on! Nice! The one that had me rolling in the floor laughing was the kangaroo mine. I've never had a weapon tell me "g'day" before! I do have a problem with a few that are out there though. Some of these multiple homing type weapons tend to come across as "cheap kill" weapons. I was in a game last night and seven times in a row when I materialized I was instantly killed by these type of weapons with absolutely no chance to get into the game whatsoever! I unknowingly deployed some of these weapons myself and was suprised when I started getting five and six kills in a row and I hadn't fired a shot! Instead of adding to the enjoyment of the game these weapons tend to take the fun and challenge out of it. Why should a new user want to play this game if every time they materialize they are instantly destroyed? I don't want to come across as a whinner (those of you who have played me know that I give as good as I get!), but I do feel that you have to be very careful when designing weapons like these. Add to the game, not the frustration level!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 12, 2001 12:44 PM            
i agree, post the weapon and lets tell the server operator to tone the mod down a bit.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

JVortex
posted April 12, 2001 01:10 PM            
i also agree and dont see it as whining. everyone who makes mods is (as far as i know) more than willing to alter them to make people happy. after all whats the point of making a mod if no one likes it? any weapons u have a problem w/ complain away. just make sure u use the weapon names, heh.
on a side note here, if you are referring to the kasplattt server that is a new server and should be much more developed in the next few days.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

A2597
posted April 13, 2001 11:22 AM            
the only weapon I've made like that would be the Fire of Chaos and Death, and I released it because it DOES make things VERY chaotic.

the rest...well...hehe.

I'm just sad I never released my Meteor Shower...it was awsome, destroyed the whole map, killed everyone on it at LEAST once, twice if you were unlucky, thrice if you were just plain stupid.
(When I mean everyone, I mean even the person the shot it, picture a ball of fire that filled the whole sky....and decimated the map, and fifteen large balls af fire with the power of an unedited nuke, and 100 with the reverse power of a dirt ball, and 1000 with the power of a machine gun bullet. that was NUTS!

Could someone send me the Mass Partical Driver? I always liked that one...

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP: