|
Author Topic:   Beta Testers Needed For 3 Items
JVortex
posted April 01, 2001 08:28 PM            
Well I finally have 3 doo-dads ready for release (at least I hope so!)
Weapon: Battle Tank (202K)
Weapon: Hypercharged Chocolate Chip (497K)
Tank: Napalm Tanker (639K)
Pictures of these as well as brief descriptions can be found on my site if you want to check them out before hand.
Anyone interested either email at me or reply here. I'm after overall thoughts, good and bad.

[edit]I just realized that I should put the mod sizes in here for just in case they are too big for someones emsil inbox. if one of them are too large it can be sent over ICQ or something.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited April 03, 2001).]

IP:

Karldar
posted April 01, 2001 08:46 PM            
I'll try 'em out, J! I can't promise an incredibly detailed analysis, but I'll letcha know what I think of 'em.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

JVortex
posted April 03, 2001 03:49 PM            
well theres 3 bites so far. any other takers?

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

A2597
posted April 04, 2001 01:06 AM            
The little tanks it AWSOME!!! I tried doing that before, really messed up though...LOL!

the Chocolat Chip though..the sound "Hurt" at times will play over its self...again and again...other then that cool! love the explosions!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

JVortex
posted April 04, 2001 02:23 PM            
that sound is one thing i was wondering about. using it myself normally there would only be 1 spawned at a time so the overlap was rarely an issue. personally i love the sound so it doesnt irritate me. the sound in the wav file itself loops twice. would only having it play once help? what about drastically lowering the sounds proirity? let me know

IP:

A2597
posted April 04, 2001 05:27 PM            
well...seing as how I was using it at cllose range.....that may have been the problem...LOL!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

JVortex
posted April 09, 2001 03:08 PM            
well i seem to have gotten surprisingly little for feedback. does this mean that there are no real problems? i dont think there are. i altered the sound on the chip to be less obtrusive. these 3 mods will be uploaded shortly here and be available for download.

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted April 10, 2001 01:22 AM            
jv
you may want to add this line to the battletank.ent & battletankpro
scale = 1.2
my biggest prob with the little tank is; its rather hard to find when it is at its original size, specially on the moon it just blends in(not when 'launched',when waiting to be picked up)

IP:

JVortex
posted April 10, 2001 03:21 PM            
thats a good point, will do. i hadnt thought of that. i dont play on the moon map too often. I'll take your word for it as im too lazy to test it out, but that size seems doable to me w/ out altering anything else. thanks

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted April 12, 2001 04:15 AM            
um you may wish to reduce the 'weight'(probability of spawning) on the btank as well 90 is prolly a tad high

IP:

JVortex
posted April 12, 2001 12:53 PM            
i think youre referring to the current version of the battle tank that is active on the Kasplattt server, which is an older beta version. the problems with it have already been taken care of in the final release and a new updated copy will be posted on the Kasplattt server soon

------------------

IP:

Vlad
posted April 21, 2001 01:08 AM            
Just to add my own comments on the two I actually tried out:

The Chocolate Chip: Interesting concept, and great mesh on the item itself. Looks rather cool bolted onto the back of the metal tanks. A very odd weapon, if I do say so myself. However, while it is fairly damaging, it doesn't really have that much oopmh to it. The projectile looks a lot less harmful than it actually is.

Tanker: I absolutely love the model, and it's awesome to see it in-game, but I'm not a big fan of the way it performs. The thing's a HUGE target from the side, and tends to roll over and flip way too easily. Unfortunately, I imagine that that's just a problem with anything of that shape.

Not only that, but while the modified default gun looks cool, it doesn't really balance out the tendency of the tanker to roll over and the huge profile of it. It's slower and less powerful than the 120mm, and has the same default ammo load of 8. The only plus is that it has a bit of splash damage, but since it's basically useless at short range (shots go over the target), the splash damage doesn't help much.

IP:

JVortex
posted April 21, 2001 01:50 AM            
actually the original projectile (the purple one i assume u mean) did a lot more damage. but since the weapon really doesnt rely on much skill at long range i toned the damage down on both projectiles. now to kill something u need to realistically shot about 3 shots or so, unless it spews in your favor.

as far as the tanker goes i am going to alter it a bit. the thing was designed on purpose w/ many disadvantages. one is the limited short range ability w/ any turret weapon, another is the large side profile, another is slow acceleration. this was intended to balance its kick ass armor (especially in the front) and high top speed in the open. due to shape the thing can fly thru narrow ravines as well. another advantage it has is when using a ramdrill, its bolton position is WAY foreward, so it has bettter reach with a ram drill than whoever youre attacking.

i do plan on a couple changes to the tanker however. for 1 im going to increase the accel a bit. it has come to my attention that depending on the situation there are some hills that the tanker just CANNOT climb. thats fine, it was designed that way on purpose, but when youre damaged is what i intended. ive found that some hills it cant climb at full health either, oops. there will be a couple other small changes as well and an update loaded to my site. the accel also needs to be raised so the thing can turn a bit better.

as to the starting ammo, that isnt controlled by the tank files, thats in your Sabot.ent file. the line is DMPeaShooterAmmo = X and RacePeaShooterAmmo = X. i think at least. look thru your sabot and youll find it there. the tankers max ammo is set at 24 btw instead of the normal 16.

all in all i tried to design the tanker to be different than the rest of the tanks and require a bit of a different kind of skill to use. so far ive gotten mixed feedback on it (which is good i think), so i figure time will tell. so far once people get used to it they like it. thanks for your input on it tho, u made the final decision on the changes.

IP: