This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Where can I get Mods?
johnsan
posted March 24, 2001 02:55 PM            
Hey, does anyone know where to download these wonderful mods? The links to Random Chaos's site are down.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 24, 2001 04:02 PM            
well you can get them from . http://bzrpg.excelland.com/html/TM/TMIndex.htm?1607501035 be warned that the site takes a while to load and the mod package 'TM-mods' will take a while to download (kinda big)

[edit]
just checked, yep the link worked.
oh and BTW welcome to the forum

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited March 24, 2001).]

IP:

johnsan
posted March 24, 2001 09:48 PM            
Thanks for the link. The download links on the site seem to be down - I keep getting re-directed to Hyposearch. I will try again later. BTW, Good game today - I was Chumpah but I won't keep that name. See you around...

IP:

JVortex
posted March 25, 2001 12:12 AM            
DONT USE THE ABOVE LINK! UP THERE^
ok, well that would be my bad. i moved my site because of that slow server. i did hear from a friend that the server is doing some upgrades at the moment so they have all traffic shunted thru only a few ports.

the large TM Mods package will remain on the old server and i will repair the link on the new server to get it. (new server has a 1.2 meg file limit, sorry).

the link to use to access my site will always be www.bzrpg.com regardless of where i move it to. im really not sure y my links would be down tho, thats odd...

as of this moment there is one tank and one weapon there. i think that somewhere on CD i still have the original zips from RC's site (maybe). if i have them ill do what i can to get them posted (i assume thats ok???).

if theres any problem with my posting the mods RC let me know.

aside from all that i have 1 tank almost complete as well as 2 other weapons. all 3 of these should be done within the next week.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction)

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited March 25, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted March 25, 2001 12:26 AM            
well i just looked and found 30 or so weapon mods. only about 6 of them are already seperated, the rest were already combined, so ittl take me a while to go thru those and sort out the ent's. i should have at least th 6 or so posted tomorow sometime, maybe even tonite.

(still assuming that this is ok w/ RC?)

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

Rex R
posted March 25, 2001 01:27 AM            
mayhap we could talk =matrix= into hosting the 'megamod' file seem to recall some word bout no one visiting his site...

IP:

JVortex
posted March 25, 2001 12:46 PM            
lol, what a wonderful idea. i know that its already posted somewhere else, but i cant remember who posted it or where. the link is in the board somewhere, but i couldnt find it.

i'm going to post it as a 5 part self extracting archive but it would be nice if someone posted the thing in one piece.

btw (im too lazy to check at the moment and doing other stuff) i do have both the: TM-Mods-Aug-01-2000 and the Tm-Mods-Feb-05-2001 MOD packs, are they different enough that i should post both of them? i was also thinking about stripping down the mod packs and posting the individual files...

OK, as of now there are 6 additional mods up on the site for a current total of 8.
------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited March 25, 2001).]

IP:

johnsan
posted March 25, 2001 01:48 PM            
How big are the files? I have a 5 MB personal home page account from my isp that has not even been touched. I can serve the mod packages w/out keeping a page of my own (too lazy).

IP:

Rex R
posted March 25, 2001 01:55 PM            
the omnibus mod package weighs in at 5.22 mb(what with wav files and textures etc)

IP:

johnsan
posted March 25, 2001 02:23 PM            
Well, If you can pare it down to 5mb I will post it. I may have space on another server for the rest of the files, but I won't know until monday. Thanks to JVortex for updating the BZ mod page.

IP:

Skandranon
posted March 25, 2001 07:51 PM            
Gimme some time, folks, after I get my first weapon and model finished, I plan on setting up a Treadmarks account on my local FTP (I have 384k/1.5Mbps DSL at home) so people can log in and grab the appropriate mods - since there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to get them.

I plan on putting up people's original mods, the mods I use (balanced versions of other peoples and my own), the TM patches, and a place to dump your own weapons.

As long as people are nice and don't waste too much of my bandwidth, I'll leave it up. Expect it to be up sometime this week - I'll post on the main board here when it is.

Skandranon

IP:

johnsan
posted March 26, 2001 01:17 AM            
Great! Looking forward to it.

IP:

JVortex
posted March 26, 2001 04:17 AM            
the Tm-Mods-Feb-05-2001 mod pack is up on the server. contains (at a glance) 9 tanks, 29 weapons and 4 maps.

------------------

IP:

johnsan
posted March 26, 2001 12:04 PM            
I was able to successfully download and reassemble the archive using IE. Netscape 4.07 tries to display the files as text within the browser. I can rt-click - "save link as" to get them to save as a file but I keep getting an unexpected end of archive error when I try to run them. Thanks for posting the mod pack, I'll get into it when I have some time to burn. BTW-when are most people on?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 26, 2001 01:46 PM            
If you e-mail me at mcney@megsinet.net requesting a specific mod I can send it to you. My website is down but I have about 60 or so mods ready for upload as soon as I get another FTP server available...

IP:

JVortex
posted March 26, 2001 01:47 PM            
ok, sorry about that. i dont use netscape myself. it must be some kind of a problem with netscape not knowing exactly what to do with rar files. i will get those reuploaded as zip files sometime soon.

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 26, 2001 03:12 PM            
doesn't Matrix have a communal x-drive? Couldn't we dump all the mods into there. those things can hold up to 100MB

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

JVortex
posted March 26, 2001 06:00 PM            
the last time i use Xdrive it had a java setup for up/ downloads that could never manage to get above 2K/ sec either way. i abandoned Xdrive long ago. has it improved?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 27, 2001 05:02 PM            
still better then nothing though

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted March 27, 2001 05:22 PM            
Hmm... let me see...
facts:
1)I've got a site under construction that's supposed to be some online and mod-based version of the original TM field manual.
2)I've got 50Megs of server space(pretty fast)
3)I've got like 10gigs of traffic allowance per month.

conclusion:
I'll host any mod anyone's going to send me - in case you wish to do that, please use http://www.uni-muenster.de/exec/bigmail (addy: kjentsch@uni-muenster.de) for files larger than 500k.
I hope to be able to reopen my main site soon, but for now I could simply whip up a quick download page.
Oh, did I mention my server's pretty fast, too?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 27, 2001 05:53 PM            
Dreamer - the problem is getting the files to you. My e-mail server uploads at under 200bytes/sec - a REAL pain. So I need FTP access to where ever I send it.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 28, 2001 02:28 AM            
RC before you complain over loudly, I think you might be surprised at the transfer rate to Dreamers address the files go remarkably fast, it did for me anyway(they don't exactly go by mail)

IP:

johnsan
posted March 31, 2001 03:19 PM            
This topic is essentially closed thanks to JVortex and Skandragon.
To get the mods from JVortex go to http://www.bzrpg.com or http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/html/TM/weapons.htm .
To get to Skandragon's exhaustive collection of TM mods and patches you must FTP to 206.152.117.189 , username:Treadmarks , password: LDA (all caps). See Skandragon's post in general discussion for more details.

Thanks again, guys - The Weatherman

IP:

JVortex
posted March 31, 2001 04:56 PM            
man I love the way that almost nobody can get Skandranon's name right (myself included!)
Skrandadon
Skandragon
Skradnagon
and so on... LOL

IP:

johnsan
posted March 31, 2001 05:19 PM            
A newbie mistake. lol. What the heck is a Skandranon anyway?

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2