|
Author Topic:   That @#%$!!! evil box! - Help!
JVortex
posted March 19, 2001 06:08 PM            
i assume that everyone has seen the evil box that the land shark turns into when its 1st fired. some of you who have d loaded my Bomb Lobber have noticed the same with that as well.

HOW DO YOU FIX THIS??!??!?

first of all i normally play with the meshes set to low res, so durring normal play i never notice the problem (which is why i missed it in my initial release). most of you with your godly computers however see this, so id like to fix it somehow. i know that the problem has something to do with TM looking for a high res mesh and not finding one, so it then uses a default cube (i believe anyhow). i know that the same appearing mesh can be used for both the pickup and the projectile (the missiles are proof of that). i have tried a couple different ways to fix this.

1st in the projectile ent i set the mesh, mesh1 and mesh2 parameters to be the same model

2nd i made a copy of the original mesh and renamed it "LobberH.ent" and set the projectile param to look for that instead as a second mesh.

neither of these did any good. i looked at the hogh and low res meshes for the missiles (ICBM something-or-other) and did notice that the meshes and LUV's are completely different between high to low. this leads me to believe that there is something drastically different between the 2 meshes aside from poly count that im just not seeing. i tried tearing apart the kangaroo mine files to see how they did it, but had no luck there either.

what actually is it that TM is looking for when it calls a high res mesh that isnt included in either the Lobber or the Shark that is included in missiles and kangaroos?
i just dont get it...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction)

IP:

A2597
posted March 19, 2001 11:11 PM            
well the problem with the land shark was a type, instead of typing landshark.lwo I typed Landshark.low (OOPS!)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

JVortex
posted March 20, 2001 03:15 AM            
my copy says lwo, either i have a fixed version or thru my tinkering with it i fixed it w/ out noticing. either way it says lwo now and still doesnt work...

IP:

JVortex
posted March 22, 2001 12:25 PM            
ok, my bad, you were right. see the Lobber topic for info and updates...

IP: