|
Author Topic:   Merging LUV files
Lithium
posted February 26, 2001 11:31 PM         

Yet another update. Now you can merge LUV files and view the entire model.
Check out the tank model:
http://www.geocities.com/uvmapper

IP:

peeeto
posted February 27, 2001 11:07 AM         
wow! it just gets better & better!

now for the extra credit assignment ... to allow support for animation!, as directed in the entity files (for example: the heavy flamer).

although i haven't really done anything but play around with it yet, i want to thank you again, Lithium

IP:

JVortex
posted February 27, 2001 11:56 AM            
better and better is right! with this i have been able to create 3 new weapons so far. one of which was done 100% from scratch!!! TM has been my first attempt at anything 3D modeling related and the great UnWrapper has been a key tool for that.

I will probably release the new weapons once i get my web site back up and running. there are still a few bugs i need to iron out on them first tho. well not really bugs, im just not 100% happy with them yet

On a side note i use Winders ME and have had no problems at all with compatability (i noticed on your page that you dont specify ME as a compatable OS). if you would like more stats on my computer for reference let me know.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

Lithium
posted February 27, 2001 12:37 PM         
peeeto:
Animation is a loooong way to go.

JVortex:
Nice, it runs on ME? I'll add it to the list. I know it runs on 95/98, but
I haven't a clue about 2K or NT. I guess it primarily depends if they support
DirectX 8.0 or not.

IP:

peeeto
posted February 27, 2001 01:25 PM         
no prob., Lithium - it's great as-is

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 27, 2001 03:53 PM            
Lithium - ME is 98SE with the 2k interface. 2k has DX8, but I don't believe NT does...

IP:

Lithium
posted February 27, 2001 04:13 PM         
Ok, thanks.

I fixed a small merging bug for LWO files in general. The UV coords. resized
themselves if you merged two LWO files (without LUVs) together. I updated
the downloads file. I always get a few after a new download.

IP:

Lithium
posted February 27, 2001 10:29 PM         
Another update, but nothing major. Smooth shading is now working.

IP:

JVortex
posted February 28, 2001 02:49 AM            
you know, come to think of it i have an idea for the animation. OK, lets see if i can make any sense, here goes:

what im thinking is not adding in support of the actual animation itself, but support of the secmesh offset coordinates. that way when you bring in the second lwo file it would ask you what its x,y,z should be set at (and also include an option in like the edit menu or something to reenter the x,y,z for propper placement). then when u preview the model it may not be animated, but your 2 part animated model would at least display propperly as a still image. besides, that would be a quick way to check your x,y,z to get that second mesh in the right spot.

unless of course there is an easier way to do all of that . if so let me know!. from my experience the second object had to be centered at 0,0,0 in the lwo file for propper rotation then placed into the propper place in the game using the offset command. so when viewed in the unwrapper preview the second object displays centered under the 1st object.

thats probably about as clear as slightly rinsed mud...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Site is down at the moment... :(

IP:

Rex R
posted February 28, 2001 03:41 AM            
prolly the easyist way I can think of is a dialog box that asks for the secmesh coordinates(under options?)les see 1st it would have to know that there was a secmesh then the name,last coordinates. of course I could be blowing smoke

IP: