|
Author Topic:   Thanks!
Karldar
posted February 24, 2001 04:47 AM            
I just wanna give a big shout out to my homeskillets A2597 and peeeto for making the landshark come to life. It's really cool seeing my idea become (virtual) reality-even if I couldn't do it myself. You guys rock! Plus, you're phat and stuff. Yeah, that's the ticket...

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

peeeto
posted February 25, 2001 12:51 AM         
"and i'd like to give a shout out to my homies..." haha!

you're welcome for the help - it's a fun weapon... i've been eaten alive many times on the OZ server!

i have some suggestions for the mod, though:
1) it's way too powerful!
2) it switches to a low-res mesh fairly quickly after it's "fired". the .ent file should keep the original mesh as both high and medium (possibly as high, medium and low). maybe someday i'll get around to making reduced poly meshes for medium & low...
3) maybe it should be textured as a liquid object, to take advantage of smoothing (you can really see the polygons right now). otherwise, Lithium's UnWrapper tool could be used to texture gills & eyes & give it some shading.

BTW, i LOVE the sound! it's very loud & sounds great in the game!

IP:

Karldar
posted February 25, 2001 03:32 PM            
Yeah, I love the sound effects-I makes it really menacing. Of course, when I hear it roaming around I start watching my back a little more carefully.

I think it would be cool to have it cripple your tank-kinda like surviving a cruise hit. It'd be nice if it maintained it's shape after being fired, but it's fun just seeing if I can fire at a tank far enough away that it switches back before hittin' 'em. Also, it would prolly look really sweet as a liquid object-mebbe I'll work on it if I ever get around to using Lithium's unwrapper.

------------------
I like pie!

IP: