|
Author Topic:   Help on keyboard commands and ent files
JVortex
posted January 20, 2001 06:56 PM            
OK, first of all the keyboard commands:

Does anyone out there in cyber-land have a listing of the various keyboard commands for Tread Marks? I'm not talking about just the basics but the commands such as Alt+K, F8 and so forth that aren't listen in the manual. I have poked about a bit and can't seem to find and references to those types of commands. One in particular that I'm interested in is a command to discard your current weapon in exchange for a different one. Is there such a command?

On a similar note, is there a list somewhere that explains what the different command parameters in the ent files actually do in game? some of them make sense just from looking at them and others throw me for a complete loop.

For instance if I change "Rotation = 0, 20, 0" to read "Rotation = 10, 8, 25" what will that do? (that's from a flag file) Will it make the flag tie itself in knots? Will the flag react as if in a hurricane? Hell, will it shred itself to bits and explode?

Anyhow, enough with these long posts of mine, I'll try to keep the things shorter in the future.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

Rex R
posted January 21, 2001 01:32 AM            
well most of the keybrd commands are explained in the manual F8 is a windows command for a complete list of TM key usage look under options from the game menus. as for the .ent files if you check the assorted entities folders you should find a readme.txt file in each from there its a case of changing an item and see what the change does NOTE you should be cautious about changing things at 1st and keep a n umodified backup file incase things go wrong

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 21, 2001 04:08 PM            
There are only a couple of such commands:
- Alt-F12 takes a single screenshot, but may have to be set up with a directory specifed by "AnimDir = ...." in the config.cfg file.
- F12 which only works in some updated versions (not store bought originals) which takes an animation. This needs the "AninDir" line as well as an "AnimFPS = n" line added.

--RC

IP:

JVortex
posted January 22, 2001 01:32 PM            
OK, well thanks guys. I was afraid that the answer would be something like that. Well if nothing else I think a good key would be something like adding in Alt+D or something to Drop the current weapon. Just a thought.

------------------

IP:

peeeto
posted January 22, 2001 06:12 PM         
the secret keystroke to drop a weapon is the space bar with the default keyboard setup... you may have to hit it a few times, though

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

JVortex
posted January 22, 2001 06:59 PM            
OH thank you so much Peeeto, I feel truly enlightened. lol.

------------------

IP: