|
Author Topic:   Tank Flags
Manray
posted January 18, 2001 11:07 AM         
I'm sure this subject has been addressed before, but is there any way to use flags of your own design in the game? If so, what are the proceedures to create one?

IP:

peeeto
posted January 18, 2001 11:27 AM         
A brand new flag (new bitmap, new .ent file) will not show up on a multiplayer game if the server does not have the new files (TM does not currently support automatic download/upload of flags).

So, what I have done, is replaced an existing flag's bitmap, and than I use that flag when I play (example: i copied biohazard.bmp to biohazard.bmp.ORIG, and then edited biohazard.bmp, and use the Biohazard flag).

However, on your machine, all players that use the same flag that you do will have the same flag as you. all others will see the original stock flag.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted January 18, 2001 12:08 PM            
I tzhink it should suffice if the clients have the flag (art+ent). I've successfully used and seen the BWL flag online - not only on my tank - that was before most of the servers had much of a chance to dl it themselves.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted January 18, 2001 01:25 PM            
I guess that wasn't really helpful...
Do a search for "Dreamer's Flag" on the general forum... Download the BWL flag, open the zip fiel and study the .ent file contents. should be quite helpful. Note the paths that the files belong in.
PS: You can also get the flag from http://www.tmvr.de

IP:

JVortex
posted January 19, 2001 06:21 PM            
I have already added in my own custom flag into the game but I have a question on it. I essentially cheated and renamed the tridot flag to a BAK file and placed my custom in there as the original tridot name. This makes everything display just dandy on my local machine, no problems there. BUT when I try to add in my flag under its own name and create an ENT file to go along with it the flag does not get displayed as an additional flag in-game, it gets completely ignored. I would like to be able to make my flag available for download along with the weapons and "tanks" that I have (which hopefully will be posted once I have access to my server again). Is there a way to just plain add in an extra additional flag?

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited January 19, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted January 19, 2001 09:02 PM            
Just look at the file linked behind the flag displayed in the news section of http://www.virtualtm.de.vu
You should be able to tweak that one to your needs without problems.
Tanks? You created tanks? Please do submit them to at least http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com and, if you like, to http://www.virtualtm.de.vu - but only if you've got any new models.

IP:

JVortex
posted January 20, 2001 06:16 PM            
Well there is a reason that I put the word tanks in parentheses in my post up there. It's because I'm just now learning the whole routine of 3D modeling. Thus far I have a few odd ball tanks that don't quite work right. Things like trucks (blazers, F 150 and such) an F1 car and so forth. Nothing original so far. I'm mainly playing with reskinning and stat adjustment. I'm slowly learning how to edit the ent files and how they interact with each other.

I've had Tread Marks for quite some time now and been playing with the files but have only recently begun to do any postings or get into the message boards in general.
What program(s) do all of you use for the modeling? I have Brice, Zmodeler, Lightning3D and a couple others. I think I have 3D Studio Max on CD here somewhere...
And just so no one gets all flaming at me, yes I will look through the board and see if I can find any posts about what programs you all use for the modeling.

If I have my way about it I'm gonna learn how all this is done and be at least 1/2 way decent at it.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited January 20, 2001).]

IP: