|
Author Topic:   I have a PROBLEM!!!!!
A2597
posted December 10, 2000 01:08 AM            
And a few questions...
I made a weapon, a bit like a cross between a Nuke, air strike, and Heazy Flamer. I'll kinda have to explain, before I get to the question.

The weapon entity points to a spewer ent, rather then a projectile ent, this was the only way to get the desider affect, however, while testing it, I never got any frags. the weapon worked fine, I killed every tank on the board, including myself, but in stead of saying "You fraged so and so" it said "The World fraged so and so" AAAAUG!!!
Is there any way to do this allowing ME to get the frags?!?! also, one more thing, it spews multiple projectiles, can I set it up so one projectile will spew less then the others, (Like once or twice, rather then 15 times...).

THANKS!!!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 10, 2000 10:25 AM            
Yeah...I know what you mean. I've had this same problem with some of my weapons. I think I know the cause though, but I'm not positive.

It has to do with inheriting ownership. The spewer I believe is set up only to inherit ownership from the projectile class and not the weapon class. The result of which is the reason the Shadow spewer works but your spewer doesn't. Try having the weapon fire a projectile that explodes after 0.1 second and who's explosion is that spewer you are trying to fire. I believe that will work.

--RC

IP:

JL
posted December 10, 2000 01:45 PM            
Yes if you go straight to a spewer the world takes control. So you have go through a projectile. See if you can make a projectile with a
timetolive = 0.1
detonate = 1
then have the
exploent = spewer/(name of spewer ent here)
make sure you make
damage = 0
splashdamage = 0
or might frag youself.
aslo might want to set
smoketrail = 0
crater = 0
depth = 0

[This message has been edited by JL (edited December 10, 2000).]

IP:

A2597
posted December 10, 2000 04:57 PM            
YEA! It works now!!
Now, about the last...is there any way to make it spew a certain number for each projectile?
If not, oh well...it's a blast anyhoo. (literaly)
I will soon release my newest weapon, gaurentees a kill (Even if it's just you)
THE METEOR SHOWER!!!
I spews for 20 seconds, all kinds of meteor sizes, from a tank gun, all the way up to a nuke. (All of them LOOK like meteors too, IF you ever see them... I'd REALLY like to be able to cut down on the large, nuke power ones, kill the frame rate WAY to much!!!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 10, 2000 10:12 PM            
If you want to weight one type over another just have the spewer list that item more than the other ones...

IP:

Dudymas
posted December 10, 2000 10:51 PM            
And, you can try taking Pics if you don't have 1.5 >:(

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited December 10, 2000).]

IP:

A2597
posted December 10, 2000 11:09 PM            
I have demo only sorry dudy, and it IS 1.5, but PrtSrc still works! I did some MAJOR over hauls to it, and now it is cool! (And deady)
It spews 1000 tiny meteors, 1000 small ones, 100 medium ones, 10 large ones (The power of a regular nuke, about) and one BIG one, that has the power of a TRUE nuke, rather then the dinky ones LDA made.
The worst is at the beggining, after that, it's just raining balls of fire.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 11, 2000 11:26 AM            
DUDY! Alt-F12!

IP:

JL
posted December 11, 2000 05:19 PM            
Ok the way I would contol how many of each projectile would spew would to be to use entity chaining.

Take the projectile you made from the example above.
Add these lines.
Entitychain0 = projectile/
Entitychain1 = projectile/

Make one for each projectile you need to regulate up to 9, after 9 there ignored. Make sure you start with 0(zero).

Now remove the projectiles from the spewer that you need to regulate and make a seperate spewer for each and adjust as needed.

Now make a projectile for each new spewer using the "exoploent = spewer/(name of spewer ent here)" example in my 1st post above. (If you go from entitychain to spewer the world takes over so you have make a projectile for each new spewer.)

Now put name of each new projectile in the lines you added to the first projectile.

Entitychain0 = projectile/(name of regulated projectile)
ect...

WOW hope this makes sense. It works though.

[This message has been edited by JL (edited December 11, 2000).]

IP:

A2597
posted December 12, 2000 12:10 AM            
Thanks, Thats what I did.
Worked well!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP: