|
Author Topic:   ctf tactic
Rex R
posted June 15, 2002 02:25 AM            
ran across this idea on another website (diff game) only work if you have team damage off. send two tanks to cap the flag, 1 being the designated flag carrier the other armed with a mass driver(or more than one) as soon as the dfc grabs the flag you nail him with the mass driver...pow there he goes. should give him a nice head start on the competion(provided he gets punted in the right direction )

IP:

Irascible
posted June 17, 2002 01:50 AM            
The only problem is:
Having tasted blood, my instinct to kill would overwhelm me and I'd have to finish the flag carrier off.

IP:

Vlad
posted June 17, 2002 09:02 AM            
Also, if there were people from the other team attempting to snag your flag, then they could be doubling back towards you to try and intercept the dfc, and you could end up sending your guy flying right into them.

Also, there's no guarantee that he'd end up right-side up. Of course, if it was practiced, you could predict where he'd land and arrange to have another teammate there to protect the dfc while he lands.

IP:

posted June 17, 2002 01:19 PM            
how interesting...punting your own teammate to cover ground...I would love to give it a try...any volunteers...

IP:

Rex R
posted June 17, 2002 01:40 PM            
I spect it would also work in team racing...just have to line up your shots with care to get them through the upri/\/\/\I mean checkpoints

IP: