|
Author Topic:   Sneaky things to do... that are perfectly legal!
-DNX-Ni
posted June 02, 2002 10:39 PM            
If you have the dirt ball and are in an unfortunate situation being surrounded, or potentially surrounded with now way out, you can always take a run, and use the dirtball to fire in front of u and use it as elevation over oncoming tanks.

Also, in desparation to evade attacks from the rear, and possible even turn the tables... try to head for a ridge or hill at full steam. Then just before u reach it, make sure u have the turret at a good angle so when u go over the edge, hit the brakes and turn at teh same time so u end up looking up the way...chances are, especially with newbies, the pursuing tank'll go right over the top of you from which u can hit them underneath, causing considerable damage!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 02, 2002 11:48 PM            
If I have a tank charging me and I'm by a ridge I hit the brakes just before I go over, shortening my jump and the other tank would just fly over me. Now I'm faceing their 6 where the armor is at its weakest point.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 02, 2002).]

IP:

posted June 03, 2002 02:12 AM            
Ni...I'll have to try that...current I have dirt balls on my one weapon server...Matrix also had a trick he did...he used the dirt ball to create a mound in front of him to cause the nuke being fired at him to explode on the mound and not him...lots of different use for a small mound of dirt...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

peeeto
posted June 03, 2002 10:54 AM         
cuncussion weapon is also an excellent method of getting yourself out of the way... many times i've been rolled over, and used the cunc fired at the ground to get me away from an attacker. usually doees very little damage to yourself.

===========================================

another "sneaky thing to do" that i think is perfectly legal is sniping. i would like to know if everyone else thinks it's legal as well? most often, sniping is also camping.

the reason that i'm asking, is that recently during a game, another player complained that sniping is illegal (akin to spawn-fragging), due to the guidance of most projectiles.

my feelings are that if you're setting up shots to snipe, you are usually exposed, and can be taken out because you are still. also, you are using the weapons as they are designed - i personally don't prefer all the guidance built in to almost everything, but that's what we have to work with...

(note: one of my favorite weapons to snipe with is the mass driver - no guidance on that one, and seems to me that the laser sight is designed for sniping)

thoughts? does everyone else feel that sniping is unfrair and should be frowned upon?

IP:

Irascible
posted June 03, 2002 11:02 AM            
Don't worry. There shan't be any sniping debate. Sniping is a time honored tradition in war. Even more so, hatred of the sniper is also time honored. And I LOVE sniping.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 03, 2002 11:07 AM            
AH! nothing like taking a player out from the other side of the field using nothing but you peashooter, especially when they are moving! There is a deep satisfaction in it.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 03, 2002 01:47 PM            
Screw the pea shooter it has homing capabilities. I like the mass driver for sniping.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 03, 2002 01:50 PM            
Not on my servers it don't, well 'cept one.

IP: