|
Author Topic:   Battlefield Situation: The Devil with Ram Drill v. Irascible with the Heavy Flamer
posted May 28, 2002 04:38 AM            
The Situation: I have just spawned and get a ram drill. Irascible backs away from the place I spawned and pickups a heavy flamer. I charge at him…who will win...

The Winning Outcome: Me…of course…actually by dumb luck. But when I look at the reasons, it is apparent. First off, when you get a new weapon/missile there is a 1 second delay in the operation of that weapon/missile. Also it takes .8 sec for the flamer to get a frag versus less than a ˝ second for the ram drill. When you do the math, I had 1.8 seconds to cover the short ground and drill a hole. He did get 2-3 flames out before he was fragged…but not enough.

Conclusion: The ram drill is a fast and efficient weapon in close melee battle. If you are willing to accept some damage you can always come out on top.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 28, 2002 09:19 AM            
But the Trick Ramdrill's gotta be the funniest weapon for response when ya hit someone at close range with it! lol

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

Vlad
posted May 28, 2002 02:17 PM            
That's a whole lotta luck, actually. Ras must have stopped to charge at you, which caused his downfall. If he had kept backing up, thus staying away from your drill, then you would have been toast.

IP:

coaxs
posted May 28, 2002 04:50 PM            
Yeah but Ras always has the flamer so he can't always move in reverse

IP:

posted May 28, 2002 10:51 PM            
No Vlad...I think he thought that I was going to be a flaming frag...so he did not move...but do the math and guess what... he got fragged. You know it is possible to figure out situations theoritically and see if the theory applies in the real battle field. Just a thought...

IP:

coaxs
posted June 02, 2002 05:24 AM            
Never move your turret when your using the randmil, learned that the hard way tonight.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted June 02, 2002 05:35 AM            
I think the real explanation here is that Satan obviously has a natural tolerance for flames. Duh.

If you want a more Earthly explanation: I obviously got a little gung ho and overshot my run at you. Close quarters or not, give me a heavy flamer against your drill and I'll get you the majority of the time. To get anywhere with a drill one on one the opponent has to let you get close and you have to be REAL good at anticipating where he's going to go.

:P

IP:

coaxs
posted June 02, 2002 05:39 AM            
lol, you 2.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP: