|
Author Topic:   Is it possible to out run a nuke...YES
posted May 21, 2002 02:25 AM            
The only places where it is possible to outrun a nuke coming straight at you is at the ice battle feilds. I remember in Ice world someone fired a nuke straight at me... I immediately started to backup full speed. And for about ten seconds you are watching a nuke coming straight at you...but the nuke never catches you. And then it start to turn sideways and goes for the closest person. Mind you, you are far from the battle field but it was worth the ride.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 21, 2002 03:56 AM            
also helpful if there is a ridge that you can go over, the nuke will oftimes strike the ground before it gets to you. and if you are at full health, with the front of your tank pointed at the nuke it is surprising just how close it can detonate w/o fragging you.

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 21, 2002 05:24 PM            
Short movie near the top, called nuke dodge.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited June 10, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 21, 2002 06:48 PM            
It will all depend on how fast the shooter is traveling before he releases the nuke.

If you're the shooter and you're going backwards really fast, your target can dance around the nuke all day long. It's sorta funny to see the nuke doing a dance trying to kill your target that way!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 22, 2002 06:20 PM            
It is possible to outrun any nuke on any ground if you use your mind.

Lead it into hills and such...quite fun

I remember back in the Betas (for V1.0) the server I ran that sometimes had 20-30 nukes chasing someone at once. A hill wouldn't stop that - they would just tunnel through. Only about 10% of the time would I actually survive the attack. But it WAS survivable!

IP:

coaxs
posted May 22, 2002 06:49 PM            
If you look at Kevlar's movie, he dodged the nuke with a lot of skill

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted May 31, 2002 01:06 AM            
YO...I finally got to do the Kevlar nuke dodge...it is kind of interesting...sort of everything is in slow motion as you watch the nuke bounce off the hillside on the left switching to the hillside on the right...then the left...then the right...you end up switching the opposite hillside. I have fired enough nukes (on my server) in this last week to concluded that to do the Kevlar nuke dogde you need a mild hilly terrain in order for the nuke to bounce back and forth...and someone to fire it at you at close range. Yes...I did survive the nuke as it finally hit the hillside and blew me clear...Too much fun...too bad I did not tape it

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

posted June 02, 2002 01:45 AM            
Well...I sort of mixed it up...my experience with the flower power was a mix between Kevlar's curise missile dodge ending with Kevlar's nuke dodge... And when I think about it all I did was a full on retreat with the flower power skipping from side to side four times and blowing up the hillside on the fifth skip...but I did survive...I am in debt to =ZE=John B. for launching it at me...thx again John...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted June 20, 2002 06:36 AM            
Here's a first ???
The nuk ran away from me.
OK the nuk was fired at me about 10-15 tank lengths away and just above me.
I did the full throttle retreat the nuks dipping towards the ground just in front on the tank.
(Fingers in ears ready for the explosion).
But no the nuk starts to rise up and away to find an easier target. wha hoo 1 nil to Robo

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 21, 2002 10:36 PM            
It didn't have 'Ni' written anywhere on it?? did ya get a real good look?

IP: