|
Author Topic:   Weapon tatics: Mass Driver
posted May 12, 2002 02:48 AM            
A little surprise with the mass driver...you can have the laser pointing into a small amount of dirt between you and the other tank and hit the other tank. You could be in a hole or just off a cliff and hit the other tank through the dirt. Paranor was surprised when I did it to him. And today I kicked Smiley several times with a little dirt between us.

Takes a lot of practice to use the mass driver in the water since you can not see the laser. Irascible knows what it is like to be hit my me in the water.

Otherwise it is a point and shoot type of weapon. Much fun to punt tanks...LOL

Any more comments appreciated..

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 16, 2002 11:10 PM            
You can do the same with the Avenger, too. It's really surprising to pick someone off who's either on the other side of a dirt mound or across the other side of the map not expecting anything with the Avenger.

IP:

Vlad
posted May 17, 2002 12:24 AM            
Actually, that's a small glitch in the way TM handles terrain. You can shoot through ridges if they're small enough, no matter the weapon. It's really handy for nailing someone with the plasma cannon while they're low on health and think they're safe.

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted May 20, 2002 09:46 AM            
i got the perfect mass driver tatic all you have to do is get these items
1) mass driver (of course)
2) alot of ammo
3) a map prefeably caldrea
4) and the finall thing is =DNX=MAtrix you will get soooooooooooo many fraggs it will be funny

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 20, 2002 10:53 AM            
Bane of my life LOL sometimes i wonder why i keep you around - Bwhahahahaha !

IP:

Paranor
posted May 21, 2002 12:53 AM            
yeah, i kinda noticed that flaw when 666 nailed me. lol

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 28, 2002 09:24 AM            
Actually...one of the best tactics for the mass driver is using it farily close up, about 3-4 tank-lengths from the opponent!

If they pass you, try to aim as close tot he back of the tank as poss, even looking side-on. You can take out a tank that isn't flaming that way!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

Irascible
posted June 02, 2002 05:43 AM            
Any more comments appreciated.

The next mass driver I get will have dEVIL written all over it.
Appreciate that.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted October 15, 2002 11:37 PM            
its not so hard to hit someone underwater. just click the button on the side of the mouse with your thumb to attach the camera to the tank, put the enemy in the middle of the screen and BOOM! obliteration! i do that for every weapon that attaches to the tank instead of the turret, except for nukes, cruise missiles, and matter bombs...

IP: