|
Author Topic:   The future of Clan Wars setup to be decided here!
coax
Administrator
posted August 09, 2001 03:56 AM            
A clan war should not be done in a Death Match motiff. Although the team fighting is fun and the team strategy is interesting. I beleive it takes away bragging rights from the clan. A clan should have bragging rights if it can get the most amount of players to show up(they don't have to have equal #s), and if they had more skill then the other clan.

To that end I purpose to have all future clan wars based in a "tournament royal" mode. Where once a player dies he can not simply get an other tank, they have to sit out the rest of the match untill everyone is fragged and the remaining tanks on whoever clan their on takes the honor from the field.

This would have a very different feel, and require rewriting many different strategies. But, this is the direction we should move towards. And plus we can always throw in an old fashion Death Matche for fun.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

KONG
posted August 09, 2001 08:44 AM            
NOT

IP:

Vlad
posted August 09, 2001 08:56 AM            
Blech. Can't say I like that idea at all, really.

Just remember that TM != CounterStrike. That's the worst part about CS, sitting out until the end of the round after you die.

Not only that, but wouldn't any possible way of setting this up be rather clumsy?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 09, 2001 09:35 AM         
Uhmmm, I am pretty cold on the one shot and you're out idea. I like the increased re-tanking idea tho.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 09, 2001 09:43 AM            
Eh... I really don't like that concept either.

After having a good duel with someone, and losing, half the fun is tracking them down and finishing them off. An increased respawn time would really make that more difficult.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 09, 2001 10:30 AM            
I like the idea from the point of it would require re-doing strategies. Who dies off in the name of the clan? If we do this idea make it a shorter game so people don't wait so often? Have the respawn longer than the game time and this will keep people out. But I don't know what the parameter is. 5-10 minute game?

I also like the idea of longer respawn time as an alternative.

So I'm easy either way.

IP:

peeeto
posted August 09, 2001 11:20 AM         
very interesting concept, but i don't think i like it... TM is too fast of a game. with the current state of the weapons, you could die in a matter of seconds, and that would just not be fun!

IMHO, an ideal clan war would be two or more clans, with roughly the same # of players each, battling it out for 20 or 30 minutes (no frag limit). i would also prefer weapons in their ver 1.0 state, if i could choose, but i'm not THAT opposed to the "new" guidance.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 09, 2001 01:03 PM            
hehe, there goes that idea. It was just an idea after all

IP:

Neo
posted August 10, 2001 12:17 AM            
We could have at least tried it.

IP:

peeeto
posted August 10, 2001 09:45 AM         
sure - i wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying it out - it is an interesting concept...

but since i don't have the time to play very often, i wouldn't want to try it then - that's all. i just want to (finally!) get together with the rest of the BWL and go to WAR!

if someone does try that type of play, let us all know how it went!

IP:

Dreamer
posted August 10, 2001 10:27 AM         
Here's my proposal... (****** German can't keep quiet again )

• A clan battle should have two rounds.
  • Both sides agree on the number of matches to be played each round.
  • The challenged clan should have the right to choose the rules for the matches in the first round.
  • ---this the last point for the challenge to be cancelled by the aggressor---
  • Guess who sets rules for the second round...
  • results should be submitted independently by both clans (server log files would be perfect for that)

That way noone should have reason to complain.
How 'bout it, guys?

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 10, 2001 07:09 PM            
Actually, that sounds like an agreeable manner in which to plan and execute clan battles to me.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 09:07 PM            
at least one out of a million people like it. If it was real life, you only get one chance thats how i got the idea

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 10, 2001 09:34 PM            
Actually I was thinking in terms of Dreamers ideas regarding it.
Now, if we limited the Battle Royale idea of yours to just the main guns of tanks only, I could go with your idea as well coax.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

KONG
posted August 10, 2001 09:41 PM            
should be stock, just like a ddm. 3 games composite team score for 3 games gives winner bragging rights for a month. someone set up a time and date once a month for an all clan ddm. a one on one clan duel can b worked out between the clan leaders. as with all duels the challenged person has choice of weapons. IMHO.

DOH!!!

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited August 10, 2001).]

IP:

guido 1
posted September 01, 2001 02:49 AM         
then does everyone agree ???? or disagree ????, or agree to disagree, or , or , oh hell what was the question ????

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 02, 2001 06:30 PM            
everyone disagreed, vehmently. Hehe..., we'll see no sense or no sence need "speel" check and grammar, dam'n guido ramblings are contagious.

IP:

desolation1900
posted September 03, 2001 01:21 PM            
I think it would be worth a trial run before getting down totally on the idea. I think, as said above, the game goes too quickly and many people will find they are dying off in the first few minutes of the game ... but if you had a full turn out of players it would be could also prove to be an awesome battle.

As long as you stuck to stock weapons. I think some people should get together and try it on a fun / no count level and see how it works.

Granted this is a different game, but when I used to play Paintball tournaments they would run the tournies the same exact way. One shot and you were out, and there were games that I was out of within the first 20 seconds of the match. It sucks, but the games are also only limited to about 10-15 minutes.

IP:

KONG
posted September 03, 2001 01:46 PM            
now thats doable. if u shorten the game to say 10 minutes. wouldn,t have to wait so long

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 03, 2001 06:24 PM            
I was thinking mor like 3mins.

IP:

guido 1
posted September 19, 2001 12:06 AM         
10 min. minus 3 min.is 7 min. is there joy in mudville????? no proably not.... icht bin ein tm player??? hehehe...fun....guido the mercy killer.

IP: