|
Author Topic:   The pitfalls of turning the Turret
coax
Administrator
posted August 06, 2001 08:57 PM            
The most major mistake I make when I swivel the turret, is that my stupid butt looks at the radar screen and it messes me all up(I end up very disoriented). Never look at radar when your turret is at an obtuse angle with respect to the norm.

Also, I beleive I've mastered it pretty well, and now I try to use it even when I don't have too; like drive backwads with my turret faced in the rear with a cruise missle and stupid ****. Be careful of getting to cocky cause Neo was thrashing me today 'cause I was doing some pretty weird $hit with the tank.

IP:

Neo
posted August 08, 2001 03:38 PM            
That is exactly why I never really used/use the turret. I could never really get used to the radar/turret mismatching.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 08, 2001 03:42 PM            
Well, I make the mistake of never really looking at the radar when I should anyway....

The turret is GREAT for the TM equivalent of circle strafing. You can run circles around someone while pelting them with pretty much any turret weapon, and they can't turn fast enough to keep up.

Here's something to try as well...

Drive into battle backwards... it's hard to do if your view is locked to the base of the tank, but if you can drive past your target, you can shoot at them from behind while not suddenly exposing your own.

This works great on tanks that are hard to distinguish front from back on (such as destroyer).

IP:

guido 1
posted September 01, 2001 02:30 AM         
whats a turret.....do you use your mouse to turn it ????? does it have anything to do with aiming the 120 ???? hehehhe....fun!!! Guido the mercy killer.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 02, 2001 06:24 PM            
the turret is what can spin and swivel on the tank, and yes the 120mm does spew out from it.

IP: