|
Author Topic:   Balance
The Weatherman
posted August 01, 2001 01:46 PM         
Is the Platypus balanced? Advantages - size, weight, front to back stability
Disadvantages - Armor 75% (experimentally), weight, sloy unflip.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 05:29 PM            
Always liked the platypus myself. But haven't tried it modded. Been trying to avoid any mods of the stock tanks myself. Another one of those little things that should be touched upon on saturday. }:-P

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 02, 2001 04:22 PM            
I hate the platypus to cheap of a tank.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 02, 2001 06:32 PM         
So, does that mean you feel it is unfair or that you just hate it? I have pretty much stopped using it, I was just wondering how it was regarded

IP:

Rex R
posted August 03, 2001 01:24 AM            
WM so what are you using now? and would you like to add to your roster of liquid tanks?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 03, 2001 11:27 AM         
I am using the Talon - it looked low to the ground . I guess those pictures are not necessarily all to the same scale. I am trying to get good with steels in hope of improving my overall play - i.e. turret turning and strategery. The platy was nimble enough not to need to use the turret much. That being said, what do you got? I wouldnt mind taking a ride in your Bitchin' Camero (mini poll, is bitch considered foul language?)

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

lordbyron
posted August 03, 2001 12:15 PM            
Re: "Bitch as foul language."

As an expert on expletives, I must say that "bitch" should only be regarded as "improper" if used specifically to denigrate a human female. If used in another context, like "bitchin' Camero" or "Lassie is a Collie bitch," it loses its status as an expletive.

I hope this "bitchin'" lesson on "bitchiness" proves useful.

--lb

IP:

Rex R
posted August 03, 2001 12:41 PM            
rather like the talon meself, course what with the practice I've been getting the destroyer isn't too bad either

IP:

peeeto
posted August 03, 2001 12:53 PM         
it's interesting how you get used to each tank's "feel".

since i used to play alot on the NGI Demo server, i exclusively used the Falcon. not that i liked the looks (i think i prefer to play with metal tanks) or was really happy with the performance, but it was the fastest.

then, i started using the Dwarf (i love the look of that thing!). whenever i was forced to use the Falcon again, i found it to be WAY too light - it really gets knocked around alot!

then i saw a post where Dreamer touted the Destroyer, and i thought i'd try it out (& participate in some clan solidarity ), and i grew to really like it! it seems fast, and doesn't seem to be too light, either. the Dwarf seems to be a little top-heavy to me now.

this discussion reminds me - i'd love to see a comparison chart listing all the tanks & their default settings. is anyone up to it? i'd do it, but have too many things going on right now...

IP:

guido 1
posted September 01, 2001 02:59 AM         
ya mean these algorithms actually have some sorta density to them, i believe that if the tanks are balanced then the drivers must be very imbalanced.... bitchen collie lassie, but wait in the movies i thought that lassie was a male ???? makes ya wonder about his lordship ehhhh mates ???? iiii me hardies. fun ....guido the mercy killer. who likes pie ???? hehehhe

IP:

KONG
posted September 01, 2001 03:04 AM            
is guido dudy? dudy guido? i'm so confused.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 01, 2001 05:26 AM            
Re: Is bitch considered foul language?

While I can't say I've felt NeoKi's gushing love [sheesh! ], I do have tremendous respect for this community precisely because it is a high class group of people. It is THE deciding factor for me (yes, TM rocks - but there are other games that do that I wouldn't touch because of the vulgarity). If it's kept up as it always has been, the newbies will follow suit (right, like I'm an old timer!).

I certainly don't sit on a high horse in writing this. I occasionally curse like a sailor when I'm stuck in traffic - or dealing with in laws. And no, the word bitch ain't exactly going to bring moral decay. But there's always that slippery slope. And I really like the fact that my niece can come up behind me when I'm playing and the worst she's likely to see is "*@&#%$?!" when Supe gets irritated about Voyager's weapon (that is some funny shiii... stuff).

IP:

Vlad
posted September 01, 2001 09:32 AM            
Urghh.. don't remind me. Thankfully, the version that was being used on that server was an older one, where the torpedos were WAY too powerful. WM's already corrected that :-)

IP:

Neo
posted September 01, 2001 12:47 PM            
quote:
I occasionally curse like a sailor when I'm stuck in traffic - or dealing with in laws

Sailor never curses. He's one of the most proper of all of us.

::end spam portion of transmission::

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 10, 2001 10:20 PM            
Well thx Irascible. Ya know the worst thing i'v ever said online was ass. Which when ya think about it really is't a bad word. But anyway, I think that all liquid tanks are faster then metal tanks. I like to use dragon, talon, destroyer, and dustmite (which also comes with the game) I just named tank7 that. I will probaly make that a two other tanks available on my site. That way you don't have to do it yourself.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 14, 2001 03:12 PM            
Thanks Neo! I truly was a sailor (active for 7 years and reserve for over 13 - retired). When I was active I could respond with the best of them, but time has taught me to improve my language and communication capabilities. One is never too old to learn new things and continue to improve. Only old age slows us down some - I am almost 56, but I still can, hopefully, maneauver around and give you guys a good fragging now and again.
Lately I have been thinking of changing tanks and I appreciate the discussion about the capabilities. It gives me good information from which I can make a decision.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP: