|
Author Topic:   Thoughts on AI's
The Weatherman
posted July 16, 2001 06:19 PM         
Here are some thoughts I have thunk on our eternal foe, the AI's. Yah, I know they have prooly occured to most out there, but I wanted to start expanding the strategery forum.

AI's are dumb - They will always rush you and so are really easy to kill by luring them over a hill and blasting them as they start to come over the top. You can similarly lead AIs into rough/slow terrain to help escape them in CTF. I think the only differences in AI intellegence is their accuracy.

The only situation in which an AI won't rush you is when they are smoking and there is a nearby health. Then a previously aggressive AI will turn and head straight for the yummy spanners. You can use this to your advantage when you pick up on this behavior because the AI will be distracted and easier to kill and you can claim the health for yourself.

Playing with AI's is good target practice, but you never get to work on chasing opponents. Not only is a good chase fun, it can be extremely challenging vs a good human.
If you play like an AI, you are going to be an easy mark.

Anybody else have tricks for beating AI's?

------------------
The Weatherman
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 16, 2001 09:14 PM            
ya set em to ZERO when u make the game...

"your in the lead" followed by "you win"

easy - muhahahahaha, i hate playing ai's - they so dumb once u understand their tactics.

IP:

Neo
posted July 17, 2001 12:50 AM            
I think AIs make great sparring partners in groups... Id est, fighting about 10 of them at once is a great way to build skill as well as confidence.

IP:

lordbyron
posted July 17, 2001 01:23 AM            
Weather,

My tip for dealing w/ AIs is to remember their nearest target algorithm when you see they have a powerful destructo-weapon. If I'm beat up and burning, I herd the nincompoop who is always on my tail towards one of his brethren and either run off or sit back and wait to take on the battered winner of this AI brawl.

I call this the "Horatio Maneuver"--from early Roman history who those who want to know. Weaken them all, and run. Then kill them, one by one.

[This message has been edited by lordbyron (edited July 17, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 17, 2001 01:39 AM            
since I'm not a student of AI tactics but of human ones. What I like to do when being chased by someone with superior figher power is run past an AI. So the AI can start hunting the human. This usually takes enough pressure off that you can frag both of them if you plan it well.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 17, 2001 08:33 AM         
Good Stuff, Treads! I learned a few things .

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 17, 2001 09:20 AM            
u know whats the most annoying thing about ai's :\

when u head for that hull repair u desperately need and just as u get to it an ai appears above it and grabs it then frags u - DUH !

lol - even eve seen me legging it for a decent weapon to fend off the 3 ai's on my back, thben 1 appears above and in front, drops on the weapon i wanted and all of em frag me

IP:

guido 1
posted July 31, 2001 12:02 AM         
EXCUUUUSSSSSE ME there is nothing wrong with logging on to the ngi site as ... a.i. butt in ur face... or is there... i'll leave that to the vets of TM'S . better not to risk gettin ur ass kicked.... on a sight infested with low class players. i blame this all on the lime's if there is a god let him smite the roman imposters. any resemblence to anyone whether living , or , dead is perely intentional....guido ... tmc the puppet of the gods... HEHEHE ... its a dumb mouse ... that only knows one hole.......FUN

IP: