This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Calling all LWA members.....
Neo
posted July 11, 2001 12:01 AM            
Ok fellas, I realize that interest in competitive TM has sorta taken a dive in the past few weeks, and as a result I've been doing some thinking about the LWA and its role/future in TM. I don't mean to get annoying with questions, but I think it's necessary, at least for the moment. I'd like to hear what anyone has to say about these issues, so speak up, everyone...

• First of all, is the LWA still alive? Is there still enough interest out there, or is it just d.o.a.? Does anybody care? [Note: If there is no longer any interest in the LWA pseudo-clan or clan wars then there is no need for the LWA and I would see no problem with disbanding it. It exists in order to be a functional entity--if it no longer serves any purpose, then I think it could be dismantled.]
  • If the LWA is still breathing, then has anything changed, i.e. ideas on policies, etc.?
  • Is there enough interest for there to be team practices?
  • Do we want/need an official LWA flag?
  • Do we want/need a website?
  • Should I shut up/back off?

You get the idea-- I'm basically looking for input on how/whether to proceed. Honestly I was thinking that the LWA would develop much more quickly or thoroughly, but the widespread and sudden lethargy or apathy surrounding competitive play in the TM community threw me a curve.

This is beginning to sound more like a letter to Ann Landers than anything else, so I think that's enough for now.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 11, 2001 09:46 AM         
Hi Neo,
I am still up for LWA. I would like to have another clan war but I thought that DNX was too scared to fight us . Yep, too frightend also is BWL, who are very too much afraid to join in a clan war. I guess the only thing for LWA (what is composed of the bestest, smartest, and cleanest TM players) to do is to have a few practices. What a burden it is to rule over all clans and just be so darn swell as hell.

hehe - Maybe that will get us some action I'll eat my words if they are served with hot nukes

Edit - I am sure if things are planned and discussed in advance, LWA will have plenty of players. No need for any new policies, flags, or websites - that will come in good time.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 11, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 11, 2001 10:03 AM         
Not too frightened, but too busy and (some of us) quite out of training...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 11, 2001 04:35 PM            
you should put training at an already good time for the TM community like 7est on Sundays. Plus it'll be good practise before the tournaments.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 11, 2001 04:55 PM         
Man, that is all the response I got from DNX and BWL?!?!?!?! I need to word that more strongly - I was trying to get a response without being too offensive . Is that possible? Lets ask Guido1

Cmon - is anyone in any clan up for it?

------------------
The Weatherman
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

Neo
posted July 11, 2001 04:55 PM            
coax: Thats a good idea... But I have been reluctant to do that because I wanted to give people who can't make it to DDMs the opportunity to come to practice. Also, I can't make it Sunday nights, lol. But if they want to have practice Sundays...they're obviously more than welcome. I just can't be there.

Weatherman: FUN

[EDIT - added comment for Weatherman.]

[This message has been edited by Neo (edited July 11, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted July 11, 2001 05:11 PM            
I'm still in and I've noticed a few more new DNX members playing. Apparantly they are "old" members but haven't played in a while? So maybe we can get another battle going.

Neo, how about our flag has WTF? on it. HAHAHAHAHA!

Did you get that shirt yet? My order is due soon. I'm going to have the geekiest or coolest (depends on who you are) office here.

Oh yeah, my P4 with GEFORCE3 video card arrived for my office. First time I had a video card with a fan on it! TM during lunch anyone? YEAH BABY YEAH!

------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of netadmins for they are subtle and quick to anger.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 11, 2001 05:25 PM         
I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU! (not that i'd win ya, tho )

peeeto is going on vacation soon & won't be back until August, but i'd like to get into some more DDM's then!

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 11, 2001 05:40 PM            
GRRRR!!!! I am in!!!! GRRRRRR!!!! I'll slime any LWA that comes my way!!! I'm a ferocious tank killing DROWELF DAMMIT!!!!

=DNX=LordDrow

IP:

KONG
posted July 12, 2001 01:09 AM            
what he said ^

except i am not a drowelf!

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited July 12, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted July 12, 2001 04:43 AM            
LD is one of those 'black elves' black skin white hair can't stand the light of day types. (jk)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 12, 2001 08:00 AM            
i too am busy with the bz3 mod, and as dreamer stated, quite out of practice to participate in a clan war. however im sure if you ask superunknown and nemzad directly you will get a more "direct" answer.

i for one never check this forum and so didnt even know we were having a clan server practice night.

some ppl have work to do, others like myself are having lots of probs with the comp (freezing) etc... which i think is down to the ram chips, not much left to test and its costing me a fortune !!

That said, the one thing i feared was the sheer number of members that LWA would reach, and thusly become big-headded and boastful "TOO AFRAID TO FACE US" -weatherman - and the fact that LWA has the "BEST AND MOST LOYAL MEMBERS" when in actual fact its not even a real clan, just a bunch of wannabe's to frightened to make the change to clanship.........

Q: What do you think youre doing if not clanning u dorks ! lol - lonewolves indeed..... i laff at u

neo, told u that would happen didnt i....

Clan DNX is happy to face anyone on the battlefeild.... i cant comment on coax's words since i was not there, and i believe that appologies were offered and explained afterwards anyway.

If ppl just leave the battlefield without due cause or ability to appologise or explain why, then they will get kicked from the clan, i cant have ppl dishonouring DNX in this way in this game. If they have known probs with the comp they should not play.

Ive also been informed that some ppl wearing LWA have been taunting dnx members in game, cant speak for BWL on this but thats not a good start...some control is required...where bad attitude and taunting exists, we will not play.

Hope you like the responses Wm & Coax. And coax, before accusing my members of something in future, be sure of the facts and check if ppl explained or appologised why they left he game - then take names of the offenders, cos if i find out ur getting the strop on, me n u gonna stop being m8's very quickly indeed.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 12, 2001 10:05 AM            
Hey Matrix - Sticks and stones may break my bones but your words and clan can never harm me.

NYAH!

I'm getting sick of this reference to non-clan, clan-wannabe or dorks just because we want to actually give your clan (is BWL/TC active enough to play?) something to do other than play with yourselves. Treadmarks, that is.

Call me a dork, will ya.

EDIT: all in good humor, gents.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited July 12, 2001).]

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 12, 2001 11:04 AM            
if any 'side' needs a fill in, additional player, or someone to practice on, i'm available .. and i don't even suck too bad.

deso

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 12, 2001 02:20 PM         
Quote from another post:
--------------------------------------------------
Okay, those louts at download.com have not updated TM and not posted mine or anyone elses user reviews. please go to their site
and commment on the game I know you love
http://download.cnet.com/useropinion/submit/0-10034-602- 2939738.html?tag=st.dl.10034-601-2939738.dir.10034-602-2939738
Youll be glad you did

Now I expect all good LWA members to get on this. Can't expect DNX or BWL to participate for various fear/loyalty/bravery issues as detailed above . Okay - just jerking your chain , guys . First and foremost I am a TM player - I will gladly play anyone of any clan (cept the idiots in sheets). All dedicated players should expend the 5 minutes it takes to fill out this form and submit it. Be sure to read the other opinions - the negative ones especially. Cmon Treads - lets see what ya got. Post here if you actually submit an opionion : /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001140.html

BTW - when are people up for a clan battle? The last was a lot of fun.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 12, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted July 12, 2001 11:38 PM            
did that 3 weeks ago

IP:

Neo
posted July 13, 2001 01:55 AM            
Thank you, Paranor.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 13, 2001 07:26 AM            
(IIS) Clan, nice idea weatherman.

Idiots In Sheets.

[|V|]-[|V|] = Mod Monkeys, i like the sound of this, proper clans starting to emerge

oh ps, from what ive seen so far and reports ive had back, lwa ppl are using this "status" for bullying purposes, Just yestterday i went on as a different dnx name i made up just to see what would happen, and yes you guessed it, it was 4 vs 1 - i wont be a part of it, so thx 4 the invite.

If Lwa continues in this style you can count me outa tm altogether, cos unless clan players start appearing in volume its everyone attack 1 player, thats no fun at all, thats digital bullying.

Im all for fair games but that was beyond a joke.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 13, 2001 08:06 PM         
Who did that? That is not cool. I like to poke fun but my tounge is firmly in cheek. Clans are supposed to be for fun. Anybody who acts maliciously like that should remove LWA in their name.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 13, 2001 11:10 PM            
guys settle down just a game, shame on you for picking on poor old Matrix

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Neo
posted July 14, 2001 01:57 AM            
Wadn't meee

IP:

Vlad
posted July 14, 2001 03:13 AM            
Uhhh... was was the situation exactly? Was it 4 LWA vs you and 3 AIs?

I find it hard to believe that anybody currently in the community would band together against one person, especially the people in LWA.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 14, 2001 09:18 AM            
Yeah fraid so guys, 4 on 1 actually, there was 5 on the server - only the AI bots actually thought it was a FFA game - LMAO !

As to my next issue, a sad note, i got a spoofed email today stating 3 words "DOWN WITH CLANS"... is this really the way ppl think ? i mean, were all supposed to having fun, its a game, nothing more..... a great set of guys playing agreat game..... insignia doesnt matter as long as u have fun with it.

But on a personal note i am gettin very cheesed off at the general attitude - a dnx member today said to me :
sorry to cause u so much trouble, i thought those guys wanted to build a team. we were supposed to have a practice today and when i logged on the server, noone was there. yesterdays practice didnot take place, ld was playing another game as was ********.they are not serious so why should i be? again sorry to trouble u but i tried to icq ******* he said he was busy.

im not saying who this was - but its a disturbing note indeed, and an indication of the general feeling of "split" between Lonewolf and Clanning.

The LWA "club and attack methodology" is having an effect on DNX players and some have started playing without insignia to get a fair game.

Guys i need to know now before i put any more effort into this - are clans wanted in TM, cos if not theres plenty more games out there. and if they are, then whomever is using these tactics to drive clanners away needs tracing and banning from games.

Bloody ridiculous state of affairs. So childish - and yet theres more intelligent, adult players in TM than any other game i have.

I really have no idea what to think or which way to turn on this, and im starting to agree with Kong's prior postings of much disgrntledness.

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 14, 2001 11:12 AM            
The basic idea of clanning isn't much more different than clics that form in high schools. When you've had already established clans for awhile, and a newbie comes in, they automatically assume "DNX" means that the person is slightly more "elite" or more of a hardcore gamer. While it isn't intended, many of the players in these clans tend to get a minor "better than thou" attitude since they are trying to a) win, and b) make their clan look good. While this may not be intended, it comes off that way when your playing a multiplayer DM and 5 out of the 7 players online have =DNX= in front of their name. You automatically assume they are playing together, against you.

You can't put two long-formed teams up against one another and have a contest without some ill feelings in the losers circle. Most of us are American, we don't know how to save face, nor do we know how to loose graciously. So your going to get the sour apples of the bunch, or those who are feeling left out of the whole clan mentality.

When I first started playing and I saw people with the nick =DNX= YourNickGoesHere I started going after them. I assumed they were better than anyone else on the field, so I figured I'd see how good I was by going after "the best."

If you want to have clans, you have to expect what is going to come with it - rivalry. There will never be a group of people 100% fair and mature, there will always be the one or two gimps that ruin it by sending out flaming emails, and try to disrupt the flow of things.

If your truely enjoying the game, you'll ignore them and continue to play. The last DM I played I got hammered by everyone, I think I was last everytime, but I came away from the game with sore fingers and a sense of enjoyment.

Not everyone will like you, the bigger the game gets, the more chances are that when you join someone, or a group of someones will gang up on you and try to kill you. If this is the case, and you don't like it, LEAVE. Change your nick and come back. Do you have to have your clan designation on 24/7 when you play? Do you have to win everytime to enjoy the game?

Just enjoy the game, buck up, and if you don't like it -- feel free to gang up on me when you see me online. It's a game! Worry about yourself, not the actions of others, and just enjoy playing it.

I am also not saying one way or the other if clans should exist. They probably should, but not on the level they do in some games like Quake .. I've seen it come to the point of IRC and Web attacks. One clan launching massive ping-floods against another website to crash it & use up their bandwidth. Just stupid.

please excuse the spelling, its early,

desolation

IP:

Neo
posted July 14, 2001 04:11 PM            
I agree with you for the most part, deso, but I don't want Matrix or anyone else to leave TM altogether because of LWA's presence or actions.

I don't know who was partaking in the gangbang against Matrix, but I can tell you that I was not on the server. I don't remember ever taunting or harassing any DNX guys, and I usually have a pretty good memory for these things. I'm sorry for what the other members of LWA did to offend you, Matrix, but without specific names of the perps, I'm afraid there's very little I can do about it.

The purpose of the LWA was to give lonewolves a chance to take part in clan wars and clan competition. It is not designed to "oust DNX" or gang up on DNX and as you can see, our membership does not even provide for the ability to do this--we have roughly 10 members. As long as LWA members behave accordingly in the future, I honestly don't see how this non-clan/clan could pose any serious threat to anything. It is, after all, an only partially serious organization.

But deso is right; some competition and rivalry is destined to come along for the ride. I welcome this and consider it a healthy thing, as long as it is in moderation.... But if people begin to take things too seriously, obviously it will get out of hand rather quickly, as seems to be the case here.

I won't point any fingers, but I will venture to say that there has been considerable anounts of teasing (bordering on blatant insults) of LWA by DNX members. Not quite as serious or offensive as a team gangbang, but verbal abuse can sometimes be just as insulting.

However, I believe that some teasing is acceptable; I consider the Weatherman's recent taunt/tease/poke to be within the acceptable limits of joviality and light-heartedness. However, obvious verbal insults, malicious team gangbangs, and other malevolent displays of poor sportsmanship will not go without the proper justice. I'm not saying an eye for an eye here, but I'm saying this sort of thing will be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly.

Let's all try to keep things in perspective and stay light-hearted about everything. I think we all know what's acceptable and what is not.

-Neo

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2