|
Author Topic:   TM Netiquette Poll
desolation1900
posted June 30, 2001 10:01 PM            
Bored? Take the DM poll and we can compile some answers to the age old questions of death match etiquette.

The DM Etiquette Poll

Opens in new window.

If you have questions you want to add, email me eses@46and2.net, or reply to this, or make up your own poll..it isn't hard.

[This message has been edited by desolation1900 (edited June 30, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted June 30, 2001 11:56 PM            
heh, cool, glad to see someone took up the idea!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 01, 2001 02:20 AM         
Yeah, that is pretty cool

IP:

lordbyron
posted July 01, 2001 01:20 PM            
Interesting how surprizingly consistent we were on the nukefrag question.

NUKE!!!

--lb

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 01, 2001 03:07 PM         
Of course nuke! Deaths don't matter half as much as frags and your buddy was prolly close to being overwhelemed if it was 3 or more to 1. I wouldn't shoot if it was 2 or less to 1.

Edit - it would be sweet if you could get your buddy to take a screenshot, tho

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 01, 2001).]

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 01, 2001 08:30 PM            
How do you take a screen shot? I tried the traditional Win98 print-screen try, but I don't get a clear image. If I could get it to capture right, I'll take a capture before the next time I let a nuke loose at my teammates.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 01, 2001 10:49 PM            
Great idea! It was interesting to see the results.

IP:

KONG
posted July 01, 2001 11:15 PM            
put this in your config.cfg file

#Animation frame saving. (F12)
AnimDir = c:\TempShots\tank
AnimFPS = 15

f12 is the hot key. make sure u hit it again to turn it off. or it will fill up your hard drive. you can change the save dir to anything u want.

i believe robu posted this b4

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 02, 2001 11:26 AM         
How about spawn killing. You go to a spawn point to get a weapon and a juicy morsel falls into your lap. Do you take the kill or do let the prey get a little less defenseless?

Me, I take the kill. I hate it when I get spawn killed but chance is a part of any game. A nice aspect of TM is that you can't really camp at a spawn points and expect to see much action.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 02, 2001 11:28 AM         
KILL KILL KILL! BEFORE IT KILLS YOU!!!

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 02, 2001 05:48 PM            
I say kill 'em. But as a adjunct to that you should at least give 'em enough time to start movin'. At that point, they should be fair game.

LD

IP:

lordbyron
posted July 02, 2001 06:12 PM            
LD,

I agree w/ you...I'd frag an A.I. at the spawn point in a heartbeat, but b/c I hate being fragged on the way down, I do let human's treads touch the ground--AND THEN KILL THEM! Let'em at least die w/ their boots on, I say...This is perhaps why I've steadfastly refused to make super-mods, except for say a nuke, no weapon should be guaranteed a kill w/one shot, esp. multiple targets. It's not sporting, even foxes get a headstart after all.

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 03, 2001 11:20 AM            
How about this, what do you do if you know your opponent (non AI) runs out of ammo? Do you kill them, or let them find some more?

On Sunday, I think it was coax who ran out of ammo and I had a nice shot on him..but I let him go, mainly because I didn't want anyone's undivided attention in the DM, but that and I figured it would be a lame thing to do.

Yay. More questions to add to the poll.

I think if you've just arrived, or spawned at a spawn point and someone drops in from the sky above you, or at the same time as you, they are open game. They are coming down with a loaded tank, sometimes even getting a special weapon. You could give them a second to "adjust" and then attack.

Just sitting at a spawn point and hoping for targets to fall down is lame though, if you do it more than once you are just being a gimp.

deso

[This message has been edited by desolation1900 (edited July 03, 2001).]

IP:

Vlad
posted July 03, 2001 11:34 AM            
Running out of ammo is something that you should keep an eye out for, just like watching out for tactical problems in the terrain.

If someone runs of out ammo, they're fair game. It's not as if it's something they have no control over. They missed too many shots, and now have nothing left. It would be different if it was something that was out of their control (ie: lag), but ammo is a risk of using the 120mm. Once you run out, you'd better find a weapon spawn spot.

Not only that, but if I'm out of ammo, I'm also usually hurting pretty badly, so I'd want my opponent to kill me, so I wouldn't have to limp back and find a repair and some weaponry.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 03, 2001 12:45 PM            
I won't kill someone that said they ran out of ammo. To me there was no honor in the kill.

EDIT: My Gods there were grammer mistakes

[This message has been edited by coax (edited July 03, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted July 03, 2001 01:27 PM            
no of course not you'll wait till about .5 sec(or less) after they reload (or so it seems)

IP:

peeeto
posted July 03, 2001 02:07 PM         
IMO, kill 'em - if they run outta ammo, it's their own fault. it's all part of the game.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 03, 2001 03:14 PM            
I agree with peeto on this point. And to add my own feeling. it may be just a fun combat sim, but that is part of the tactics of the game, you gotta watch your ammo levels, if you don't you have made a fatal mistake. If I run out of ammo, I turn the hell around and make a run for the nearest weapon or ammo I can find. My own damned fault for not realizing I was nearly empty. If I get killed, just proof of my tactical mistake. So running out of ammo is a tactical portion of the game that makes no difference to me other than whether you can shoot back at me before I kill you. Just run like hell for the nearest ammo jinking around as much as you can afford to.

LD

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 03, 2001 03:23 PM            
Wow, just took deso's poll. We are all pretty well agreed on everything except the nuke question right now. 47% say fire the nuke and take your frags. 42% say warn teammate and hope they get away. Everything else appears that the majority of players agree on how to handle etiquette.

LD

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 20, 2001 04:53 PM            
I like to be the boy who shouted nuke. And when everyone starts to ignore me and come after me, I nuke them... heheheheh

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 25, 2001 01:16 AM            
*snickers* last post

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 25, 2001 03:20 AM            
Heres a good poll question. How many words is neccessary to constitute spam. It use to be 7 or less, we should up that to at least 11 or maybe higher.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

guido 1
posted July 31, 2001 12:36 AM         
i'd normally advise against taking on vlad .... but he needs the practice.... good players,as good freinds, are hard to find. i strive to be as good as the vets of tm's we may not alway's agree... but we agree to disagree... it's not how u play the game , it's whether you gain respect as a skillfull player on any given day. even in losing one gains the respect of the adversary... and visa - versa , whatever that means. lets not forget our fallen commrade Karldar who once said, and i quote " I LIKE PIE " spoken in the true tm spirit.... i doff my hat , guido the humble mercy killer... let them eat cake, or , pie, either squared , sniff... or with hair... cough ... retch... HEHEHE !!!

IP: