|
Author Topic:   TIRED OF THE SAME OLD CRAP ? I AM
GUIDO
posted May 11, 2001 11:46 PM         
I'M NOT SURE HOW TO SET UP MY COMPAC PRESARIO 7585 FOR GAME PLAY BUT I LIVE IN KANSAS AND AM TIRED OF THE LAG IN EUROPE. THEIR ARE MANY PLAYERS FROM THE STATES WHO WOULD LIKE A SITE CLOSER FOR THE DEMO THAN MACARONI LAND. WISH I COULD SET UP SOME KIND OF GAUNTLET TYPE GAME , FIRST ONE THROUGH WINS , IT WOULD BE SORT OF LIKE RACING AND STEAL THE FLAG. MY SYSTEM IS INTEL 810E MOTHERBOARD WITH 128MEGS RAM, 10 GIG 7400 RPM HARDDRIVE, AND 566 CELERON. ACCORDING TO PCPITSTOP.COM IT'S A FAST SYSTEM , ALSO DSL AND 10X4X40 CDR HEWLITT PACKARD, APPOLO 2250 PRINTER , AGFA 1212 SCANNER...GUIDO THE MERCY KILLER. ANY INFO ??? HE LIKES PIE.

IP:

JVortex
posted May 12, 2001 01:21 AM            
i dont think that Appolo 2250 printers are compatable with the TM server software. last time i tried to run a server with that printer attached to the box my CPU sprouted rabid mongolean ankle weasels.

it was not pretty. my carpet was not happy.

ok, so im just being an ass. if you do a search back thru the older threads there are a bunch of questions about how to set up a server. probably doing a search for "server setup" would be a good place to start. i dont really know myself since im on 56K and have no need to know server setup stuff (yet ).

also to od the kind of gauntlet track youre talking about you would need (to my knowledge) use a hex editor to try and alter the flag pickup points on a CTF map. havent tried that myself so i dunno.

your system should be fast enough to accomidate a few players but im not sure it would be fast enough to let u play as well while the server is active, worth a try tho. would depend a lot on your vid card i imagine.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

KONG
posted May 12, 2001 02:37 AM            
i have had the battlezone game for a year now but i haven't played it online. where are the games at?

IP:

GUIDO
posted May 31, 2001 06:40 PM         
FUN

IP:

guido 1
posted June 30, 2001 05:23 AM         
this thread has gotten way to long, and i for one seems like the only one would like to see the same old crap... but but with a new twist... but not quite like desolation 1900, or the 1899 other quake invaders from mars. what came first .... the tank , or , the tanker ?????? watch out weatherman.... coax is a little tempestuous these day,s and may have ur number..... i suggest switching to unlisted. to hope for mercy i think u should log on as a.i. butt in ur face. fun... hehehehe... guido the former mercy killer.... i like cake....as a matter of fact let them eat cake !!!!!!!

IP:

desolation1900
posted June 30, 2001 09:56 PM            
Good to see you've found your capslock key. Now, all you need to work on doing is putting down the 40 of Ole English before jumping on the computer.

Do the voices in your head make any sense to you? They sure are confusing the hell out of us.

IP:

Vlad
posted June 30, 2001 11:56 PM            
Desolation, you may not be aware, but you're participating in a practice known as "feeding the troll." :-)

Don't bother responding to him. We've tried to reason with him, we've tried being nice, we've tried ganging up on him on servers (fun, but doesn't produce any results). He's just "special". Ignore him.

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 01, 2001 12:35 AM            
Ugh. Yeah, I realize that, but for some reason I just can't stop.. Its like slowing down at a car accident..Sometimes you just can't help it.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 01, 2001 02:25 AM         
LOL - Hey Guido, where/when can you be found online? I would like to meet the guy behind the rants for some friendly matches. Nothing personal against you - it takes all kinds. I just want to see if you play as well as you talk (hopefully much better).

IP:

Neo
posted July 01, 2001 03:16 AM            
FUN

IP:

guido 1
posted July 01, 2001 05:04 PM         
sorry desolation old boy, that malt liquor is not my cup of tea, that stuff'll make u crazy.when u hear a siren do u hop on ur moped to follow. sounds a bit morbid but what the heck, takes all kinds i guess....sigh...puke.hehehe...fun let them eat cake !!!!! guido the non-quaking mercy killer.

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted July 01, 2001 09:58 PM            
i know i'm gonna be sorry i posted. guido, do u have the full version yet?

IP:

guido 1
posted July 02, 2001 08:43 PM         
glad u asked kong, not yet am in the process of building a system, my soon to be x took the computer. am using my nephews. go to compgeek.com good buys. bought 2 sticks of 128 for less than 48.00 including shipping at computersurplusoutlet.com. found a slot 1 mother board for 37.00 at geeks. im working on it. nice case with 250w power supply there too. my soon to be x said if u plat tm one more time im leavin...sigh....im sure gonna miss her......hehehehe more fish in the sea !!!!! guido/thor the mercy killer.

IP:

Neo
posted July 02, 2001 08:55 PM            
Hmm, wow...ok, cool....$48.00 for 2X128mb DIMMs? That's not bad, I wonder if it's functional mem or stuff that like Dell service tech's pulled out of bad mem slots hehe.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 02, 2001 11:07 PM         
just saw an ad for 128Mb PC-100 at $25 after rebate!

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 03, 2001 11:17 AM            
peeeto, where'd you see that ad? national chain I hope? sounds like i need some more ram.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 03, 2001 02:08 PM         
oh jeez - forgot to list the store! DOH!

it was at Best Buy, i think. AFAIK that's a national chain... www.bestbuy.com

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 04, 2001 12:14 AM            
Dude. Your the man. My computer will be happy, 512MB of ram for a little less than $180. I like it.

Thanks for that tip.

deso

IP:

guido 1
posted July 30, 2001 11:30 PM         
i really miss killin all my freinds. sniff ... cough.... fart ... not sniff. hehehe. kong must die a most horrible death, not because u all hate him , but because i do. not because he has broken any laws known to man and god. noooo but whan a man playing tm takes on the persona of an ape.... it makes me want to go ape ****. no pun intended, or was it ???? oh **** there here again... i wish the aliens would examine coax and leave me alone... he's the real threat !!! guido tmc... the mercy killer...

IP: