|
Author Topic:   Rocket Genades
Random Chaos LDA
posted December 10, 2000 11:38 AM            
One of the wonders of the new version of Tread Marks is the resurection of the Rocket Grenades. No longer a weak weapon they have become one of the most powerful. Their homing makes them very effective now. Just watch out...they are powerful!

I've found the best way to use them is basically a suicide charge at an enemy. Either over a hill or on flat land these weapons rule now! As the only weapon that can fire over a hill they can easily eliminate a camper on top of such a hill. Their guidence means you have a number of assured hits now . On level terrain the homing ability of them they are now as powerful as the MRL or Concussion Missile. Just aim and fire.

Now for volleys. You want to drop 4 or 5 of them at the maxinum at a time. Wiat for one hit, reaim, and drop another 4 or 5. Generally 2 volleys will kill an enemy. If he's still alive take a few precise shots to finish him off. Don't waste ammo on it though. Its too good a weapon not to take out at least 2 tanks per full ammo that you have! Often the most effective use is dropping them into a ongoing battle between several tanks. If you can do this drop about 50% of the ammo cartrige (assuming you never got any super ammos) - about 10-15 dropped should be fine for a first volley. Repeat on anyone thats still alive. You can finish them off with the 120mm tank gun

--Random Chaos

I think I'll turn these weapon strat posts into a strat guide

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 13, 2000 01:40 PM            
I like all the suped up weapons, the avenger seems a little over board to me though. The first time i used it i felt bad for the AI. It just didn't have a chance

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 13, 2000 01:43 PM            
Coax - have you ever tried these new weapons on the moon level? They are DEADLY! The 120mm Tank Gun is the strongest weapon there though

IP: