|
Author Topic:   Ramdrill power!
Kaeto
posted December 07, 2000 10:59 AM            
This sucka is AWESOME now. The key to using it is to not let your opponent know you have it until it's too late for them. It kills almost instantly, so the best way to use it is to just swing it back and forth like a sword. Against AIs, nothing can stop you when you have a Ramdrill. Against humans - try to go after people with weapons that don't have a lot of kick, or try to jump over them and attack from behind. If you can get on top of a hill, you have nothing to fear but cruise missles and R-Grenades. When playing as a team, follow a teammate around when you have a 'drill. That way the enemy will be busy shooting at them while you run straight into them spinning the drill. The most important tactic for the ramdrill is stealth, though. The more distracted your target is, the better

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 08, 2000 10:53 AM         
Methinks it's too powerful now.

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 08, 2000 11:53 AM            
Nah. As long as you watch out for people using it, it's not too dangerous. But in a big fight, who has time to watch their back?

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 08, 2000 01:59 PM            
I think the ramdrill is a lot more fun now - before it was almost useless because it took too long to kill...

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 08, 2000 02:05 PM            
I remember the b2.0 RamDrill
Man, that weapon was USELESS

IP:

Dudymas
posted December 08, 2000 09:31 PM            
Yeah, but let's rain on the brownie points for anyone who could use it effectively... no?

heh, i don't know why anyone would even think of using though... The swarmers and avenger were the all time great things in beta 2... fun fun fun

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 08, 2000 09:57 PM            
On the Ramp, it was pretty good for holding the top of the ramp - until someone got R-Grenades.

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted December 17, 2000 02:49 AM            
the ramdrill is my fffrriieennddd.

[This message has been edited by Unforseen Chaos (edited December 17, 2000).]

IP:

A2597
posted December 18, 2000 05:05 PM            
LOL! I remember the useless ramdrill!!!
I edited it now...fun fun. The projectile moves at +2, no longer have to be right on him. also makes a SMALL crater.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 18, 2000 05:26 PM            
A2597 - you don't remember the REALLY useless ramdrill. That was back in the betas about a year ago. It was about half the length and 1/3rd the damage. Couldn't kill a thing with it

--RC

IP:

Charliey
posted January 02, 2001 03:32 PM            
And then theres the digging drill.

Thats fun to make chasoms.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP: