|
Author Topic:   Plasma Mine tricks
swisher
posted December 05, 2000 09:05 AM            
Many times, it's hard to get someone to run directly into a Plasma Mine. It is, however, quite easy to blast someone into one. Simply lay your mines, and then, when someone is near to one of them, hit them with whatever weapon you have into the mine. It works great most of the time.

The Plasma Mines in version 1.5 bounce around the screen a fair amount, so this technique may not be as successful as it used to be.

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 05, 2000 09:10 AM            
But now they home in a little. I'm finding dropping them, then camping near then is an effective tactic, especially if you're on fire. People can't resist coming after you, and all you gotta do is slow 'em down with the peashooter, and the mines will kill them.

IP:

Vlad
posted December 06, 2000 05:08 PM            
I never really liked the mines, and always drop them asap...

and 9 times out of 10 some joker on the server hears my frantic mine dropping and rams me into my own mine... :-)

Fun to do that to other people, though.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 06, 2000 05:17 PM            
Killed several people last night using this mine dropping method:

Tom and myself (both LDA) (and sometimes Kaeto) vs Swisher, Karldar, Kaeto, and two new players (max of 3 on the enemy team at once though). All three enemies were together attacking Tom (this is when Kaeto and Karldar weren't there). I respawned on top of a Plasma Mine...ran through the center of the enemy attack formations (peferably just in front of a tank going after Tom) and dropped a batch of mines. With their slight movement with the new version I wound up gettin 3 or 4 kills in about 2 hours that way .

And Vlad - I was playing without sound too (still can't make it and the vid card work at the same time).

--RC

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 07, 2000 12:00 AM            
Its also fun to ram somebody who just got done laying mines or in the process of laying mines.Knock them into their own mines and they lose a frag in the process.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited December 07, 2000).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 07, 2000 10:25 AM            
But it doesn't get you a frag. I like to use their mines to injure them, and then kill them myself.

IP: