|
Author Topic:   im new to this stuff
spartan
posted August 02, 2002 08:18 PM            
i'm just starting 3d game programming (actually, i have no idea what i'm doing) so anyway, i got this demo that i dont know how to use and i was wondering if any of u knew of a good 3d modeling program tht's free and isn't a demo and isnt big(a few meg would be fine). oh, i also need to know where to get it. i'd greatly appreciate it.

------------------
I came. I saw. I fixed everybody's computers.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 03, 2002 02:18 AM            
welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay
well lets see, =dnx= matrix has a link to milkshape (and other stuff) at the deathmatch federation website (just hunt up one of his posts, he has a link to his site) and then there is zmodeler, which you can get here http://zmodeler.nfscheats.com/ last I had heard milkshape was $20 and zmodeler was free (bear in mind the 2 programs take seperate approaches to modeling). HTH

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 03, 2002 03:06 AM            
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000014.html

IP:

spartan
posted August 03, 2002 10:33 PM            
thankx rex r. i downloaded zmodler (cause it was free), but i have a few questions. how do i use it? and is it directx compatible?

------------------
I came. I saw. I fixed everybody's computers.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 04, 2002 02:28 AM            
dx compatible, seems to be. I'm running what ever is the latest version 8 something. hmmm thought there were tutorials on that site (used to be)

ayup the tutorials/manuels etc. are on the docs page. note english is not oleg's 1st language (he is russian) so it may take a you a bit to understand them. If I understand things right zmod uses the same approach as litewave (surface oriented)

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited August 04, 2002).]

IP: