|
Author Topic:   Another Modeler !!!
peeeto
posted June 03, 2002 01:29 PM         
hey now! Discreet (the makers of 3DStudioMax) has a freeware modeler available, -=GMax=-

i'm downloading it now - it looks very promising, as it's geared toward game modders. looks like it may have UV texturing capabilities, too!

from their website:

quote:
What is gmax and what are its features?

gmax™ is Discreet's free game development level editor based on the world's best selling 3D animation platform, 3ds max™. Game companies can extend the life of a game by creating and distributing gmax "game packs", which allow game players to create, customize, and trade game content online. It has a subset of features from 3ds max 4, including Polygon & Patch Modeling, as well as texturing and character building tools. You cannot render with, or write plug-ins for the free version of gmax.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 03, 2002 02:23 PM            
Gmax has been on DMf for 4 months now. does nobody use this resource at all ?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 03, 2002 03:29 PM            
I tried out GMax and haven't found what I could use it for...yet. It's pretty neat that they have this for free.

IP:

peeeto
posted June 04, 2002 06:18 PM         
LOL sry, Matrix...
i know that you have some awesome links there - i just don't have the time to check them out! also, as i recall, they are simply listed off to the side with little or no description (not a criticism - i know that takes time & maintenance), so i dunno what's even there! .

IP:

Rex R
posted June 05, 2002 02:15 AM            
1 small problem with gmax, finding game packs so you can export your finished meshes. looked at the Q3 pack, you need to have Q3 installed...

IP:

Karldar
posted June 05, 2002 09:49 AM            
I didn't think u could export anything from GMAX...that's why I stopped playing with it-seemed like a pretty good tutorial tho.

IP: