am in need of a proggie to do polygon reduction TIA

IP:

Dreamer
posted February 28, 2002 05:13 AM         
Poly reduction? Chisel.

IP:

peeeto
posted February 28, 2002 11:26 AM         
Rex: the best freeware i've seen is QSlim...
i'll look for it & email it to you.

BTW, Blender now has a decimator too, but i believe QSlim does a better job (different algorithm)

Dreamer: Chisel? where? how much?

IP:

peeeto
posted February 28, 2002 11:28 AM         
Chisel can be found Here

looks good, but i don't know if the free trial is fully functional...

IP:

peeeto
posted February 28, 2002 11:38 AM         
check your email, RexR

IP:

Rex R
posted February 28, 2002 12:40 PM            
got it. ya know I think thats the first time I've gotten email with a disclamer...

IP:

peeeto
posted February 28, 2002 01:28 PM         
heh heh... you like that? my boss saw one soon after we were hit with the Magist@ virus, and thought we should have one too
(AFAIK, we did not send out any virus-loaded email, i think because we use Novell GroupWise)

so anyway, he asked me to devise one... after looking at different examples, none of them covered all the bases, so i assembled several. for those interested, this is what i came up with:

quote:
===========================================================================
Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of this message and/or attachment(s) (collectively, "this message") cannot be guaranteed. Where this message is followed by an original letter or facsimile copy, the original written communication takes precedence.

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, modification, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.

The modification, duplication, or other unauthorized use of this message is strictly prohibited without the expressed written consent of Sterling Environmental Engineering, P.C. (STERLING). Further, this message may include documents including Professional Engineering work-products that remain the property of STERLING, subject to copyrights and restrictions established by Section 7209, Subdivision 2 of the New York State Education Law.

Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are present in this e-mail or attachment(s), STERLING cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message.
===========================================================================

a mouthfull, huh?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2002 01:04 AM            
many firms in the uk send out disclaimer attachment txt files - i get em all the time tho never as long winded as that lol.....

IP:

Rex R
posted March 01, 2002 01:54 AM            
ayup should cover most things Now if I knew where to find dimensional data for an AGM-65 Maverick...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 12, 2002 12:49 AM            
Have you thought of contacting Raytheon?

Jennifer L. Spears
Customer Communications
520.794.5211 telephone
jlspears@west.raytheon.com

Here's a site that has some nice links... http://www.yellowjacketsystems.com/jimball/scale-data/scale.htm

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited March 12, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted March 12, 2002 01:43 AM            
had not thought of trying raytheon... decided to just use the old mk 1's and eyeball it. did try a lot of those links before(google is very handy for finding odd stuff), the one bit I wanted(length of the wings) wasn't mentioned. Anywho I've finished my mesh(at least as finished as these things get) and am satisfied with the results. heh think ppl will either love it or 'hate' it

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 12, 2002 03:10 AM         
The cost of Chisel should be 0$ - the source code has been released (free of charge)...
Then there's webChisel - as good as the original Chisel, but works over the web.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited March 12, 2002).]

IP:

peeeto
posted March 14, 2002 11:23 AM         
cool. thanks, D.

IP: