|
Author Topic:   NAUGHTY VIRUS
pablito
posted April 20, 2005 01:48 PM            
last night, I got a "bundle of hell"... viruses: hijackers, trojans, 1800dialers, pop-up residents, registry manipulators, you name it
I got most of them out of my pc except that one of them damaged my explorer.exe and programs on the desktop (especially the anti-virus software) won't start when you double click nor when you explore pc and find the .exe on its folder... sigh
I ran norton '03 av on safe mode, spybot, yahoo av, found files and delete them manually, upgraded windows xp from cd, (tried restore point but that didn't do anything)... Can anyone help me?... I think my registry is messed up; yes I hate backing up stuff ... unless it has emotional affiliation ... How can I fix explorer.exe/registry to work fine again???

IP:

pablito
posted April 20, 2005 08:40 PM            
thanks for the help!! not! lol
in case you have a bad problem as mine: regrun at greatis.com is an excellent utility, so far so good!!! 30 day freeware though

IP:

pablito
posted April 22, 2005 02:05 AM            
note to myself: reinstall everything!!

IP:

THETAXI
posted April 24, 2005 03:42 AM            
Here's a solution:

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 12:41 AM            
that's one way

THETAXI why not on-line anymore? (ayy I remember; other games maybe I wacked you too hard last time you ain't got to lie taxi... you ain't got to lie!!!

IP:

THETAXI
posted April 26, 2005 02:08 AM            
I still check in here all the time!

At least once a day

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 04:09 PM            
I meant on the map! You'd be surprised the level of skills needed to get by with a win!!! or maybe you already do! lol >
well, at least you check in.. as you say... did you see last clan war pics? 666 played by himself...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 26, 2005 04:30 PM            
Oh, that explains why there was no event results. LOL

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 06:09 PM            
are you blaming the virus from my pc?..lol... I played with my laptop (my pc is still broke though

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited April 26, 2005).]

IP:

THETAXI
posted April 26, 2005 06:14 PM            
ANd to top it off I'm going home for the summer. 4 months. My GF's going to be monitoring me 24/7... I don't think I'll be able to play anything

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 27, 2005 09:29 AM            
I wasn't blaiming your virus, just that there was only 1 person who showed up for the clan war. LOL

IP:

pablito
posted April 27, 2005 10:08 AM            
24/7??!! she doesn't sound like your gf but your wife! lol. Have fun at home though!4 months is a lot..you done w/ school already?

What happened with GA?.. now that we have more interaction, some people want to leave... Have you ever been in a clan Killer? (don't worry, I'm not trying to recruit)

IP:

Teulk
posted April 27, 2005 01:56 PM            
What, exactly ,

"now that we have more interaction, some people want to leave"

is this supposed to mean???

Just sounds strange (to me)!!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 27, 2005 02:32 PM            
I was in ZE, that disbanded.

Then I was in AOD, and they disappeared.

I sometimes play as DNX (since that is teh clan I'm in for bf1942/dc)

IP:

pablito
posted May 02, 2005 10:50 AM            
sigh, I miss playing with taxi (he's one of the few that frags me and pisses me off at the same time. lol ) reh!

Killer, why don't you play on-line? or should I say LDA or any other events? {Have you considered joining another clan?}

Teulk: GA has been very active in clan wars before, but now I only see 666...

IP: