|
Author Topic:   All up ... all up for the Mystery Tour!
synack
posted October 29, 2004 09:06 PM         
Sailor, what say we all set sail for a moonlight nostalgia cruise. I'll bring my lava light, and some Grateful Dead CDs (and others), you bring yours, Kong - grab what makes ya happy and climb aboard. Ras, I can't wait to hear what music makes you happy. All welcome. Color me an aging hippie, it's ok. I'm ok with what I was, and what I am.

Rixy, climb aboard. I'm sorry your thread got hijacked. HUT, join us. We're all your friends here.

What a long, strange trip it's been ...

IP:

Irascible
posted October 30, 2004 02:12 AM            
A little of each: Chevelle, Staind, Breaking Benjamin, Hoobastank, Nickeback, Marc Anthony, 3 Doors Down, No Doubt, Trapt, Hall & Oats, Eagles, Tears for Fears, Peter Gabriel, Bruce Hornsby and so forth all make me happy. Well, they make me less depressed. Scratch that. They make me less angry.

Though me thinks that my first few selections don't qualify for the shag green theme. No worries though. I'll bring asparagus rolls and mini-Reubens to start, some Beef Wellington to fill you up (Max gets fried Spam sandwiches )and some Tang to wash it down - all served on the finest Melmac dinnerware. Ah yes… Melmac. The classics never die.

Though wait! What am I saying? You're talking hippy sixties. In that case, it's fresh fruit, veggies, trail mix, juice and most importantly of all: BROWNIES. Yeah... special brownies served on tye dye paper plates will be quite the hit. Though no one called them "medicinal" back then.

Mind you, this is remembrance is ten years before my time. But that's cool. Just as soon as I check the duck tail I'll be truckin in my circus wagon down to the party. Get me blitzed enough and I might even give Matrix a Melvin. It'll be righteous man.

Uh... yeah.

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted October 30, 2004 02:22 AM            
uh uh.. can i come to...? I can play beatles, doors, hendrix and cream on the guitar
Marc Anthony???????????????????????? (pablo please shut up!!!He cries more than my ex-wife.. I said shut up!@!!!)..
I wish I was a hippie... My most favorite band of all times: LED ZEPPELIN!!!! now that was music!!!!...Pink Floyd!; Janis Joplin, Van Morrison, Supertramp, heck; even Jefferson Airplane.....ahh the good old days!!!!... sniff!

IP:

synack
posted October 30, 2004 03:41 PM         
Sure you can. All are welcome.

I'll bring along my Martin 6-string, and if my son (remember ramTHIS?) catches wind of the cruise, he'll bring enough guitars, amps and keyboards for the whole crew.

Live music is better!

btw, Jefferson Airplane/Starship was my alltime favorite band (except the later years when the only "original" left was Grace Slick. But, I digress. We used to live for the announcement on WNEW-FM radio of Airplane's annual free summer concert in Central Park.

Hello, boss? *cough cough* I'm sick and I won't be in today. *cough*

Off to NYC!

[This message has been edited by synack (edited October 30, 2004).]

IP:

Teulk
posted October 30, 2004 07:16 PM            
If I bring my bass--it's a Kramer special edition w/ aluminum neck--can I play some Frampton??--Been into him all day at work---so I'dlike tokeep the feeling going--and I'd be glad to pump up a couple watermelons to keep the thirst quenched!!

IP:

synack
posted October 30, 2004 08:51 PM         
works for me!

Bring it!!

IP:

Teulk
posted October 30, 2004 09:00 PM            
Oh---and a little Atlanta Rythym Section as well--some SPOOKY--just for Halloween!!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 02, 2004 12:51 PM            
Got to keep it all humming so I would be there.... Not a musician, but I have a varied collection of a lot of different kinds of music from POP to rock to guitar without vocals... Oh yes and I can be a very good bartender.... drinks on the house!!!

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Teulk
posted November 02, 2004 07:44 PM            
That's it--you're HIRED!!!

IP: