|
Author Topic:   what a mess...
kv
posted October 12, 2003 01:44 PM            
http://www.rvarchive.com/wreck/wreck.htm (caution, large files, will take awhile to load on slower connections, you may have to refresh to get them all)

some drunk from a wedding party decided to make some noise after being kicked out.

the engine ran for about 2 mins after impact, sounded like a freight train while it died.

the dodge started about 10 feet behind where it currently sits.

the drunk managed to run home, even with the obvious blood loss.

(yes, the first few pics are dark, but they lose quality when I try to brighten them, other pics in the set are better)

[This message has been edited by kv (edited October 12, 2003).]

IP:

corpse
posted October 12, 2003 02:55 PM            
makes me feel better about laying my
kaw. gpz 550 down at 75 mph .

broke 3 ribs and a caller bone

lol

and i had my knee sticking bone out my pants leg !

the thing that pisses me off the most is
i was SOBER the hole time

IP:

corpse
posted October 12, 2003 02:56 PM            
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

kv
posted October 12, 2003 08:09 PM            
added some new pictures and fixed the darker ones (I had no idea they were that dark).

the two trucks came apart rather easily, but the dodge is probably totaled.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 13, 2003 04:33 AM            
Wow, the guy in the little pick up obviously had a scalp lac. Those suckers do bleed a lot and are quite messy. Amazing he didnt' pass out after hitting his head on the windshield. I'm curious as to how this will all pan out. It is my understanding that if a person gets drunk at a party and then causes an accident, the person serving the alcohol becomes at fault, too. I feel sorry for the wedding reception host on thst one.
Its also amazing how little damage (ok, so not a tiny bit, but certainly it could be a lot worse) can "total" a car. The bigger truck has its share of scratches and dents, but it certainly appears drivable.. Wow, to think that it is totalled!
How nice of you to blurr his plates, too. I am not sure I would have been so kind.
Corpse, the collar bone (clavicle) is the easiest bone in the body to break. It only takes about 6 pounds of pressure to break it, if it is applied in the *right way*. Broken ribs are far worse, imho, as you feel them with each and every breath you take! And you are very lucky to have survived "putting down your bike" at 75 mph. You must have done a good job at controlling the fall, and been well protected. I'm glad you are still with us!

IP:

kv
posted October 13, 2003 08:14 AM            
Sue, the truck is probably totaled because of damage to the cab (that isn't pictured very well), possible damage to radiator supports, the destroyed truck bed, and a twisted axel. It could still be driven, but it had a bad wobble on the left rear.

And a little bit of clarification on some points:
This was his second wreck of the night, he also hit a camper somewhere.
The little one ton nissan, pushed the 3 ton dodge about 10 feet into the 5+ ton chevy. I think the dodge had its parking brake on too.
The driver did pass out, he just managed to run diagnoally across 2 blocks before doing so.

IP:

kv
posted October 13, 2003 09:45 AM            
ok, a little bit of new info:

nissan driver may have been breaking out windows at the wedding party and may not have been a guest.

so, now there are two counts of hit and run, and one vandalism charge along with the drunk driving, speeding, running a red light, and leaving the scene of an accident.

IP:

corpse
posted October 13, 2003 11:31 AM            
that was a long time ago.
i still got a rock in my butt.
i guess thats y they call that stuff
ASSFALT

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 13, 2003 11:45 AM            
BWAHAHAHA!

ASS-FALT!!!!

Good 1!

IP:

posted October 13, 2003 03:13 PM            
Corpse...that sound extremely painful. I am in pain now thinking about it.

IP:

kv
posted October 13, 2003 05:22 PM            
ok, little bit of new info.

the drunk driver is currently still at a hospital on a resperator.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 14, 2003 10:47 AM            
Hmm, car accident, without any burns.. guy is on a respirator. Doesn't sound good to me. Respiratory drive is from the brain, so the bugger may be pretty badly off there. Here'e hoping he survives pretty much intact so that he can learn from this accident.

IP: