|
Author Topic:   Yet another scary link...Low grade radiation sleeves for conventional weapons
posted September 26, 2003 01:44 AM            
When I read this I thought it was a joke...but it would answer some of the question of why recent battle zone have residual radiation.
http://www.nypress.com/16/37/news&columns/zen.cfm

IP:

posted October 02, 2003 10:18 AM            
Well, I guess I should be checking my sources better. I originally got this from a fellow worker who is very science oriented. But after asking another fellow worker, it seems that the worker who gave me this tends to the tabloid aspect of the news.

How was I suppose to know that general news has a tabloid media? Oh well, I learned. Sorry if this hurt anyone's feeling.

This is probably a very bad joke.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited October 07, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 02, 2003 10:40 AM            
errm. The "New York Press" is an intellegent version of "The Inquierer". Please take it with a grain of salt.

If this was true and it was classified information, do you think the US Military would allow this? I think not. There is no chance the 'Ethan' could have ever EMailed this message from a ship in the middle of the ocean to an anti-nuke activist. If "Ethan" had access to this room, all his communications would be constantly monitored and any written work put through a censorship panel.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited October 02, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted October 02, 2003 03:24 PM            
Can't trust the man.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted October 02, 2003 10:23 PM            
If this is true...it was going on during the Clinton era. There is no way that program of this magnitude could be started in only 3 years.

Just trying to make sense of the political scene. US drops ABS treaty. Radiation found in the Bosnia war zone by NATO forces. Still not a satisfactory explanation of the Gulf War syndrome.

Of one looks carefully...one can always figure out what people are hiding...especially if they are arrogant.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 03, 2003 02:16 AM            
the only Q about Bosnia is whether we flew A10's there. if the answer is yes, then the there is no problem as to finding the source of radiation.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 03, 2003 03:01 AM            
Funny how it sounds like a novel...

How would he know about the 10" thick lead doors? Or the room size? Hmmm...

IP:

posted October 03, 2003 09:20 AM            
I will continue to look to see if there is any evidence to confirm the story. Thanks for the feedback.

As for the 10 lead door....I could do that observation. It would be easy to visually see the size and on moving the door you would conclude the material of the door.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 03, 2003 11:57 AM            
Man, like I said, that news paper is like the Inquirer. Last weeks cover story was about how 3 bums were found in battery park dead after they were attacked by an alligator that crawled out of the sewer.

puuuuhhhhhh-lllleeeeeeeezzzzz!

I'm not denying that we got some nasty stuff in our military, but I wouldn't trust anything in that paper.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 03, 2003 10:18 PM            
Gotta be better than our "Sunday Sport" - check out these killer headlines form bygone days:

- London Bus Found on Moon
- Killer wasps plague America
- Baby born with 16 arms
- Proof Discovered in a rock - alien life EXISTS
- Astounding Area 51 Photos discovered
- Pamela Anderson to have 4 breasts op
- UFO in the arctic ice cap
- Phirana fish attack Welsh coastline
- Britain on high alert as French make toast !

HAHAHA oh yes, we all have our comedy mags - but seriously - how can the USA justify going after a guy for developing WMD while secretly developing the MAB (Mother of All Bombs) at home ! - to some people.. Bush is as bad if not worse than Saddam - to make that comparrison, dont think about whan you accept as "life today" but as other see how we use and waste materials, tollerate prostitution etc etc ... generally coveted values and principals that in the east would be considered capital crimes.

And certainly being a public hypocrit in the name of peace does'nt look good. However justified.

Damn i wish we had our DMF political forum right about now..... Grrrrr.

IP:

wolfman
posted October 04, 2003 09:14 AM            
Can't seem to remember the last time in "recent" history that we have slaughtered 10's of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of our own people with poison gas and chemical weapons. Though the problems in that area are to an extent our own doing - we supported the **** *****r when he was fighting with Iran. Then again, if Carter had had the balls we would of laid down the law to the Iranians when they invaded and took over our embassy there. Ahhhhhhhhhh, history the ever changing story lol JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 04, 2003 09:35 AM            
"to some people" is what i wrote, those mainly living in the middle east who believe us westerners to be the devil incarnate for our way of life. We dont have to repllicate the actions by gassing wyoming (hmmmmm lol) ... but thye DO believe Uk and USA a big threat to the world - and with our recent track record, who could blame them ! hehe

IP:

posted October 04, 2003 05:10 PM            
But Matrix...I doubt that I would be let into that forum. LOL

IP: