|
Author Topic:   DMF BOARDS
Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 12, 2003 01:50 AM            
I've gotten a few messages from people asking if I know what is up with the DMF boards, since I post there frequently.
Yes, they are down intermittently. Yes, Matrix is aware of it. He has been working with Catalyst, his hosting company, to fix it. Apparently there was some expected server maintenance, then some problems with the host firewall not accepting DNS traffic. Whatever the reason is... it is down and being worked on. In the meantime, Matrix is out of town and Ni is in charge of the DMF boards (easy job while they are down )
I bet he is glad that is is missed so much

If you need the Anarchy files, get them from harmlesses site

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted September 13, 2003 04:38 PM            
hey yeah am the man in the supposed know just now! Will reinstall ICQ for a bit when I'm home if anyone wants to talk!

IP:

posted September 16, 2003 05:52 PM            
I still can't get on to the DMF boards...oh well.

IP:

Teulk
posted September 16, 2003 08:09 PM            
Havent been able to get in there for two or three days now. At least, if everyone is having the same deal, I won't have that much to catch up with!!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 17, 2003 12:37 AM            
From what I hear, it is a server problem with Catalyst, Matrix's host. They had some firewall problems and they "say" it is all solved. Some people (particulary in the UK) can log in, but many in the states can't. I have heard that BZP can log in occasionally, as can Commando and Coax. I haven't been able to since Friday or Saturday. And, yes, Teulk, the boards ARE quiet without us visiting. Matrix told me he is waiting out the month and if it can't be fixed, he will seek a new host.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 17, 2003 04:10 PM            
I haven't been able to log in for days.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 17, 2003 08:22 PM            
Ahh, Coax I heard from the grapevine that you had posted something recently. My bad But I WAS jealous.. you being just up the street from me now.

IP:

Teulk
posted September 17, 2003 11:22 PM            
I'm still getting the "page cannot be displayed" message..so I guess I'll have to get in line or something!!!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 18, 2003 03:07 AM            
I got on for a few minutes while I was at work... now I can't get on again And I had high hopes of reading some fun stuff tonight!

IP:

KONG
posted September 18, 2003 08:17 PM            
Sounds to me like the host has throttled the number of connections allowed on the cgi-bin. and is then throwing that bogus error page to make it look like they are not.

IP:

posted September 23, 2003 02:14 AM            
even with using explorer..I still can't get in..oh well

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited September 26, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 23, 2003 03:21 AM            
It's getting better slowly.... can get on to the boards occasionally. Not when I want to, of course, but when I have just a few minutes and have to run out the door soon. Murphys Law rules!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 23, 2003 10:35 PM            
It may be getting better for you, but I still cannot get to it at all. Not looking good in my book at the moment.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 03, 2003 01:34 PM            
I just heard from Matrix that he closed the place down and is looking for a new host. Patience...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 03, 2003 10:08 PM            
Paul Redpath (the main guy) ay Catalyst2.com was unable to resolve the intermittant connection problem ever since a certified cisco guy played with the dedicated firewall setup a few weeks back.

We finally reached the point today where id had enough, he admitted there was nothing else he could do at his end also so we mutually decided to call it quits - I got a full refund.

I have found a new host and with any luck (fingers crossed) we should be back up and running soon.

IP: