|
Author Topic:   Battlefeild 1942 demo......
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 10, 2002 02:11 AM            
Anybody got this?Really cool game.I'd like to fire up a server and get some good practice with any of you guys.Still trying to learn things and don't want to be labeled as a newbie on a public server

IP:

Vlad
posted September 10, 2002 11:09 AM            
I'm game for that. I was actually showing this to JVortex a few weeks ago. I set up a listen server and basically gave him a tour of the level.

Then we got bored and decided to do jeep stunts and such. I'll look for ya on ICQ later tonight.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 02:10 PM            
Our sister clan NK *natural killas* is all over this demo, virtual ownage, must admit tho that when i put the link on our private forum the interest level was very luke warm.

Id like to give it a crack, but im more limited by time than anything else.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 11, 2002 01:40 AM            
me vlad and par got on a server tonight.We really needed a few more players to keep it interesting.So if anyone can get the demo or has it I'd like to get several of us on one night soon.

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted September 11, 2002 06:29 AM           
Sup were can i find the demo at?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 11, 2002 03:35 PM            
http://battlefield1942.ea.com/

IP:

Paranor
posted September 12, 2002 01:26 PM            
The full version has submarines.

CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!
CAN'T WAIT!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 12, 2002 03:50 PM            
Tons and tons of vehicles and equipment.I will prob buy this game.Its the most interested I have been in a FPS since Quake.

IP:

Vlad
posted September 12, 2002 05:44 PM            
Ditto here. Heck, it's the most interested I've been in a PC game since Treadmarks and GTA3. Unfortunately, I've been reading some horror stories of the retail version running far worse than the demo (patched and all) on message boards.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 13, 2002 10:06 PM            
I dunno myself cause I haven't been shopping around. But the folks at the link below seem to think that $40 shipped for the game is a good price. The linked site loads pretty slow sometimes.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=870946

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted September 17, 2002 07:33 PM            
i love the sound of this game, being the poor bum i am tho i doubt ill be able to afford it when it comes out, im, only just geting RTCW and thats from supe who doesejnt want it anymore lol

plus i got a 56k and this game sounds like its needing a cable at least

IP:

Vlad
posted September 18, 2002 12:53 AM            
Yeah, the game is a resource hog, no doubt about it. I'm sure you could attempt to play it on a 56k, but I don't know how well it would work. Even though it can have the same amount of people, there tends to be a LOT going on in BF1942 compared to other fps games.

When in doubt, check out the demo. That'll give a good gauge of how it'll run.

IP: