|
Author Topic:   argh! hardware vent
Rex R
posted August 06, 2002 04:27 AM            
(vent mode) just spent the better part of 4 hrs installing a hd (and reinstalling win95(old machine)) actually the hd was the easy part, it was the os that took most of the time (blessings on the person who decided that the user didn't need a recovery floppy) I suspect it was some one at circut city since the owners manual mentions it specifically. once I finally managed to make one it went ok right up to 'please enter your ms win95 authenticity code' talk bout ancient history( one of the few times I was glad that I hang onto stuff, just had to find the blessed thing) (vent mode, off)
well now my p2 has a nice new 40gb hd and I can get at my archive copies of game mods including the dvs mods3.6beta and other fun stuff

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 06, 2002 10:02 AM            
Great stuff now slam em online and put out some links lol.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 06, 2002 12:35 PM            
heh I'm still trying to get the thing up to snuff currently it is running; dx5, and ie3!

IP:

wolfman
posted August 06, 2002 10:57 PM            
What is dvs ? thanks JT

IP:

STJR64
posted August 06, 2002 11:52 PM            
Do I dare ask how many bugs IE3 has? I would be afraid to even use it!

~Sçottie

IP:

Rex R
posted August 07, 2002 02:31 AM            
DVS = DVSDuke one of the original mod authors (ver 1.001), a fair number of his mods could be described as being 'overkill' weapons like the somewhat misnamed TriMirvNuke (which is actually 4 nukes in one package, fun to watch though)
ie3 not so much buggy, just not as many 'features' (considering how soon 5 came out after ver 4, ie 4 was buggy)

IP:

Irascible
posted August 07, 2002 03:17 AM            
Dude! Tri-Mirv rocks!

(OK, so that was a less than intelligent contribution to this thread. )

IP: