|
Author Topic:   On a more serious note.
coaxs
posted July 18, 2002 10:06 PM            
My left wrist has been giving me trouble lately. It can not withstand sharp blows or fold into angles near 90 degrees. Should I be worried about this?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 18, 2002 10:28 PM            
*In his best psychiatrist voice*

- Put away das copy of das penthouse unt hustler and ve shall begin to speak about it....now lie back unt tell me about your mudder lol...

* freud dude voice off lol *

IP:

Teulk
posted July 18, 2002 10:44 PM            
Sounds "carpal" to me, but then again, I'm just a pharmaceutical engineer!!! Besides, I play so much, my wrists don't hurt, their completely numb!!!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 18, 2002 11:50 PM            
Oye Ow Oh, Coaxs I feel your pain Im a former/not quite retired Pern Mang Player LOL (The Mang disease is common.... AKA Carpal )

IP:

Rex R
posted July 19, 2002 01:27 AM            
showing just a touch of mortality are we have you tried giving it a rest? and does that improve matters? ppl do tend to lose flexibility with age. if you are experiencing numbness then yes that you should be concerned about(especially if it doesn't go away with rest) if not and you can live with it, think I would chalk it up to gaining experience. if you happen to see a doctor fer something else (physical etc.) I'ld mention it (prolly get an x-ray)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 19, 2002 04:13 AM            
I broke my wrist before and it dosen't take much to do it.One good blow in the right spot.I'd say go to the doctor if the pain dosen't go away in a week.I think its hot water then cold for swelling?Anway,if its pain and discomfort you can handle and you are trying to avoid a visit to a doc then I'd say wait it out and see if it gets better.If its broken it won't get better for several weeks.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 19, 2002 03:30 PM            
Coax, a site for information, including a test for carpal tunnel sydrome: http://www.thehelpinghand.com/basic.htm
Carpal tunnel is really common with keyboarding injury. General treatment is rest (yeah, right), ice to decrease swelling, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (like Motrin, Naprosyn), and use of a wrist splint at night. Hope you feel better soon. Don't think it is broken, as you would have remembered the trauma.
added: And visiting the doctor is not a bad idea, too

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited July 19, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted July 19, 2002 06:44 PM            
Yeah, Coax, so in your best interest don't ever play again!!!!!! :p

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

Teulk
posted July 19, 2002 11:22 PM            
Or, if interested, give me a call...I can set you up with the accelerated Motrin plan

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted July 21, 2002 10:36 AM            

eeesh sounds bad, i hate wrist and anckle injurys/pain they always suck with me the most and are all always geting injured in some way , plus i just got a tetnis boost and my arms a bit swolen and stiff

s'weak man =/

try brasso or some kinda wood polish lint thing, witch hazel or stuff, i think that helps
an old Farmer remedy =)

bet it gets beter reel soon

IP:

Teulk
posted July 21, 2002 11:37 AM            
Jack Daniels with the opposite hand!!!

(Leave the Motrin in another room, though)

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited July 21, 2002).]

IP: