|
Author Topic:   Oooh! Neet Starmap Program!
Random Chaos
posted June 26, 2002 09:35 AM            
Celestia:

Originally posted by Alpha-1
Firstones.com

quote:

Celestia is a free real-time space simulation that lets you experience our universe in three dimensions. Unlike most planetarium software, Celestia doesn't confine you to the surface of the Earth. You can travel throughout the solar system, to any of over 100,000 stars, or even beyond the galaxy. All travel in Celestia is seamless; the exponential zoom feature lets you explore space across a huge range of scales, from galaxy clusters down to spacecraft only a few meters across. A 'point-and-goto' interface makes it simple to navigate through the universe to the object you want to visit.

Link: http://ennui.shatters.net/celestia/

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 26, 2002 01:06 PM            
Thanks for the link RC. I looked at the picture gallery and immediately wanted a copy to use. Got it and will test it out as soon as I can. Looks really nice. It might easily be adapted to building some skyboxes - maybe. I will have to check out that aspect of it too.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TreadMaps

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 26, 2002 02:23 PM            
Now that IS a seriously GOOD program well done RC

Whack up the detail and set the timebase at 1000x

IP:

posted June 26, 2002 07:20 PM            
wow this is cool...l8r...going to check the outer ring out...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 26, 2002 08:44 PM            
This baby is the one to make GOOD skymaps - now if only some1 can find the full version:
http://www.pandromeda.com/page/community/WhatIsMojoWorld.html

hehe, check out the gallery it rox

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 27, 2002 03:36 AM            
I got it too.Pretty sweet.I'm finding it hard to navigate.Takes some practice I guess.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 27, 2002 11:58 PM            
Well...it is hard to get used to navigation

Mouse:

Left button: Rarely use - it pivots view based on camera position and can be odd...

Right button: Use lots - it pivots view based on centered object (what you looking at).

Both left and right: Zoom in and out

There are also a TON of kb commands...

IP: