Dreamer
posted June 23, 2002 12:30 PM         
http://www.geocities.com/merlin_topgun2000/nfos/1treadmarksupdatev158myth.txt

Someone actually ripped TM!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 23, 2002 04:03 PM            
And Myth is on of the biggest rippers too.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 23, 2002 05:22 PM            
When you say ripped, is that the same thing as cracked? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a crack just a little software that someone uses to play the game (illegally) without the CD? Like I've mentioned before, TM is the only online game I've ever played. So I don't have near as much exposure to the dark side of the force as you guys (you bootleg movie watcher you, you know who you are ).

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited June 23, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted June 23, 2002 09:26 PM            
yep ver 1.58 cracked(of course I don't recall if 1.58 can connect with 1.59/1.6 servers). the infamous 'nocd patch'

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 24, 2002 01:01 AM         
Well, yes, cracked. But we already knew that.
Never heard of Myth before, btw. - and never heard of geocities hosting a site like that for such a long time.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 24, 2002 05:09 AM            
LMAO Paradox and Rasor 1911 are amiga/pc demo groups.... i dont beleive this tosh. I used to be in touch with half those groups way back when.....

for their latest demos and scene art check out www.pouet.net - but crackers they are not lol.

IP:

STJR64
posted June 24, 2002 10:26 PM            
I'm assuming all you guys are against cracking--I'm indecisive. With Tread Marks, I find it ridiculous to crack (or rip, whichever you prefer) when you can go to the store and buy it for $5.

I own several games that have been cracked (downloaded from KaZaA) for good reason...some I have previously owned and the CDs have been ruined, others that I can't find at the store.

But seriously, you shouldn't need to crack a $5 computer game.

~Sçottie

IP:

Paranor
posted June 25, 2002 07:33 AM            
i've seen his name (myth) on some of the other, ah, games I've seen "tested".

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 25, 2002 11:13 AM            
pfftage, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS *pulls out Grind's axe again* *shouts "RAAAAAAAAAAH" and cahrges*

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 25, 2002 03:55 PM            
At least 50% of the rips I have seen(and gotten,nobody is perfect ) came from Myth.Its a really big operation and you can believe its true.I did find a nocd crack for TM almost a year ago and it worked mind you so TM HAS be messed with.Though I don't even think LDA would mind that much if you whole game was put up for download.They did talk about making the demo upgradible to retail not too long ago........

IP: