|
Author Topic:   i find this scary
Paranor
posted June 17, 2002 10:09 PM            
didn't know they did it in 1998 but still...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=&ncid=721&e=10&u=/ap/20020617/ap_on_re_au_an/australia_teleportation_1

IP:

Irascible
posted June 17, 2002 10:56 PM            
If I'm not mistaken, a single atom of matter has also been teleported. Like the light, the original atom gets destroyed and an exact duplicate gets created. Faster than light travel has also been documented.

Speaking of Star Trek, anyone remember what the Heisenberg compensator does for the transporter?

IP:

Vlad
posted June 17, 2002 11:59 PM            
I find this scarier:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nf/20020617/tc_nf/18240

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 18, 2002 12:41 AM            
YIPERS!

I find this Scariest!!!
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002459.html

IP:

posted June 18, 2002 12:53 AM            
No this is the scariest...
http://www.hallsted.com/family_picture.html

Yep..family portait...they are from left to right David (666, yes me), wife Susan, Sis Sandy, Bro Rick, Rick's kid, Rick's wife Pam, Sis Dawna (in front of Pam), Dawna's hubby Charles, Mom holding Jon (my son), Dad, bro Mike (harmless), Rick's other kid, Bro Steve (fbunny)

IP:

Rex R
posted June 18, 2002 01:26 AM            
I wouldn't mind a 'subspace' modem

IP:

Irascible
posted June 18, 2002 01:45 AM            
Sorry Par,
When it comes to scary, dEVIL has you beat.

As Jasper said to Apu Nahasapeemapetilon:
"Is that you, dEVIL?. Time has ravaged your once-youthful looks."
And BTW, put some freaking pants on!!! You'll scare the children... not to mention the adults.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 18, 2002 01:48 AM            
Isnt the Heisenberg compensator attatched to the killaquad rammastat, which is controlled by dual bilatterall callerlatterals ? Sumthin to do with maintaining the integrity of the pattern buffers so that when the "beamed" matter arrived at its destination it all arrives in one place at the same time rather than being spread over a distance, thus compensating for the speed of the teleporting object to the matter stream becomming "still" ?

However, its not the beaming in that concerns me, its how to effectively destroy the matter at this end in the first place so u dont feel it.

and god help us if they use Windows Hybrid 2060 XP-5 Bluehorn !

Mr Babbage says "Ah-Ahhh"

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited June 18, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 18, 2002 02:03 AM            
New Computer Viruses : be afraid, oh yes be very afraid.....
http://einstein.sc.mahidol.ac.th/~scmal/compjokes/node7.html

IP:

STJR64
posted June 18, 2002 02:33 AM            
Ha!

666 takes the cake!!

Just kidding

~Scottie

IP:

Irascible
posted June 18, 2002 03:34 AM            
G1 Matrix,

In fact you may be right. Though what I read once was that Heisenberg also described one of the problems with transforming matter into energy. Namely, to turn something as large as a person into energy would create energy on a scale that man has never dealt with before (you know, split just a few atoms and you get nuclear explosions). So the ST writers conveniently came up with the Heisenberg compensator to deal with all that energy.

IP:

posted June 18, 2002 09:03 AM            
I really don't have any long pants...just shorts...infact I go to work in shorts and change into long pants... Oh, the photo is about 6 years old...if taken today it would be much scarier...

Holy sh?t...I did not even see the bottom photo...oh yeah...and tank tops...yep shorts and tank tops only...all winter long...Don't you love being in California...

Update...Jon is in front of me and Susan is holding Ben...yep...future TM player...and sis Dawna holding their babino

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 18, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 18, 2002).]

IP:

posted June 19, 2002 04:29 PM            
Ras...I been meaning to ask...where did you get that quote from...and that long name...I had to ask Jon how to pronounce it... ...love you too Ras...

Quote:
---------------------------
As Jasper said to Apu Nahasapeemapetilon:
"Is that you, dEVIL?. Time has ravaged your once-youthful looks."
--------------------------------

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

ARAGON
posted June 19, 2002 08:34 PM            
Now, THIS is scary:
http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/2002/0228/1342259.html

I shudder just thinking about it....you know....WHEN HE CIRCLES A GUYS SWEATY BUTT WITH HIS FREAKIN TELESTRATOR!!!!!

IP:

Irascible
posted June 19, 2002 09:02 PM            
Jasper
Apu

Now hold the phone mister! Before you get all elistist on me... Keep in mind that The Simpsons, when it was at its best, was both incredibly witty and just plain hilarious. Probably the 2nd or 3rd season through the 6th or 7th was when it was at it's best. Of course now it's just crap.

I may have overreacted there. But I assoicate Berkeley with ivory tower egghead types that would never lower themselves to the distractions of the commoner.
Though your pic doesn't suggest an ivory tower type. So perhaps you're a commoner too. Wait... what am I saying?... you're a middle aged pot bellied white guy that plays computer games... of course you're a commoner!!!

(I only dare to mention the belly cause mine is probably bigger. )

IP:

KONG
posted June 19, 2002 09:11 PM            
of this, you should fear...

and this

wanna see something really scary?

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 19, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted June 19, 2002 10:20 PM            
The would be communist triumvirate. Of them I do fear.

IP:

posted June 20, 2002 01:10 AM            
Ras...you are correct...in season 9, episode Lisa the Simpson, Jasper said that to Apu. I liked the Simpson...but stopped watching them for the same reason.

As for the weight...well...what can I say...Susan is a good cook...in my height of triathlon training...I weighed 175, with 1% body fat, and wore size 33 pants...but now i weigh 205 and wear size 38...not too bad for not working out anymore...

And yes...Berkeley accepts all kinds...even commoners...like the dEVIL

IP:

KONG
posted June 20, 2002 01:20 AM            
ever see "The Manchurian Candidate"?
http://www.tvguide.com/Movies/database/ShowMovie.asp?MI=6180

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 20, 2002).]

IP: