This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4  |
Author Topic:   5 mins with GA on ICQ
-DNX-Ni
posted June 12, 2002 08:23 PM            
My fingers really hurt now!!

------------------
If I Were Me and You Were You, and I Fragged You... tough!!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted June 12, 2002 10:57 PM            
LMFAO!!!!!!! HAHAAHAHA

IP:

coaxs
posted June 13, 2002 01:06 AM            
you should post it

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 13, 2002 12:47 PM            
5 mins huh no stamina, i did 35 mins yesterday - i swear hes faster than a proper typer !!! that kid has a future if he can play piano im tellin ya.....

That said he got the old shooting pain of RSI the other night, so i gave him a break then loged off myself and went to DC for some downloads.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited June 13, 2002).]

IP:

posted June 13, 2002 06:11 PM            
I had never been in a game with GA#1...and he talk nonstop babble during the whole game...i was wondering if he was fighting or just camping...sometimes I lost track of the game and just read the flying comments... ...can't wait to see if he can do it in a DDM... ...until then...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Paranor
posted June 14, 2002 01:13 AM            
I swear he has a voice to typing thing hooked up. how the heck he does it I don't know and I tested out of typing in high school when they just got electric so I'm no slowpoke.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited June 14, 2002).]

IP:

STJR64
posted June 14, 2002 03:39 AM            
I don't suppose anybody knows his average wpm? Or maybe if everyone could post their own average speed it would give me an idea of how fast he is, because I don't have a clue of who you're talking about.

Just wondering because I am pretty fast myself.

Avg: 95wpm (on a good day)
Fastest: 135wpm

~Scottie

[This message has been edited by STJR64 (edited June 14, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted June 14, 2002 03:44 PM            
I was talking with him yesterday, and he got 10 messages to my one..apparantly he's over the 100wpm mark, and I beleive it. I can't even READ his messages fast enough, let alione try to respond...unreal!!!

IP:

STJR64
posted June 14, 2002 11:03 PM            
Wow--maybe I should try and get in touch with this guy--I love good competition

Anyway, if someone could inform me on how to get in touch with him, that would be great...thanks a lot!

~Scottie

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 15, 2002 08:58 PM            
Me 2, I wanna talk to this GoldAnt guy, I hear he never reads the General Forums though, just the general TM

BTW, Matrix, I *DO* Play the Piano, and the Clarinet, so you better watch it there, and, I remembered hearing a school teacher say they typed over 100+ wpm so thats why I told you guys I do, and I *DO* but I don't know my number, just know its gotta be over 100. Though at times I can only go as fast as my brain, whcih stinks, cause my fingers move faster and thats how we get most of the spam on this board But don't worry, I shall fufill (I know I spelled it wrong,yesh,) my duty to this community, to give you your daily dose of homemade Ant Spam BTW, Anybody know how I should go about finding out my WPM, I really want to know it lol, btw again!, How did you guys learn to type, im intrested to see if our methods clash, me, I started out doing the columbus method, 1 finger on each key. It took me FOREVER to type a simple sentence, but, alas, ever since i've played Ants on the zone (I wouldn't reccomend trying to, the zone is corrupt now, along with ants, though I left before the real corruption started ) hehehe, i'd type messages in the game and always die, so I began to memorize how to type them subconsciously with my fingers, and they became faster and faster, and I could zip out entire sentences that would mock the other player in 1/2 a second. Then my subconscious began to memorize the keys themselves (AHH NO!!! ITSALIVE!) And then the real trouble began, I began to become faster and faster and faster and now I had still thought I was slow untill I began comparing myself to some pretty sleek typers. Cha Ching, thats the way to do a skill, if you can run the 100m dash in 8 seconds, have people tell you everyone runs it in 5, then you can solve any problem, the limitations our subconscious put on us are horrific at times, though none of you knew that now did you? or did you? I should pull you all into a chat room sometime and begin telling you my Philosphies!!!! I did with Moltor (a mang player, don't worry if you don't know what Pern Mangband is, you shouldn't its one of those games that uses letters and numbers from the keyboard for symbols as in your guy is the @ the dragon is the D the gold is the $....etc) and OYE! it took us a few hours just to get about how I became the ant I am today, but it was worth it, now if get a severe case of the hiccups and die he can come here and introduce himself and begin telling you the story of the true Ant! Though never in such detail and beauty as I can, or can't and, i've had to become even faster with typing, as I got into TM I found that if you don't type your message in udner 1/2-1/4 a second, you *DIE* no coming back. You can't start typing if somebodys charging at you with a ramdrill if your slow, gotta do it quick and then blast them for trying to shoot you while you were spamming! So, its all your faults I got so fast, YOU'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!!! AHAHAHAHA you people who like to kill me, who've fragged me ahahahhahahahhhaha.

So, how do I get my WPM? =) I know there are typing proggies but I don't wanna pay somebody, cause i'd probley freak um at how fast I go

IP:

Irascible
posted June 15, 2002 09:27 PM            
" though none of you knew that now did you? "

The young metal plated arthropod discovers philosophy and wonders if anyone else knows his secret. :P

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" - Proverbs 23:7
"A man's life is what his thoughts make of it" - Marcus Aurelius

Cool quotes not so much for their eloquent (or not) words, but because they are powerful truths spoken by powerful authors a very long time ago.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 15, 2002 09:43 PM            
As a man thinketh so is he.... I've heard it before Iras, but these people were all Sane!

Pfft, off subject, those *ARE* words of wisdom folks don't just pfft them outa the way. Think bout them, then read them again and again, then listen to some of my posts and ICQ mesaging lectures AHAHAHAHAHAHAH... Life is what you make it, a Game, a Stock Market, an Anthill..... You could even convince yourself schoolwork is fun if you try hard enough haha, self hypnosis, dangerous eh? or is it really?

IP:

posted June 16, 2002 02:03 AM            
Harmless and I need to know what your wpm is too...go to the link below, create an account and take the test...have fun
http://typing-test.com/

IP:

Karldar
posted June 16, 2002 07:22 AM            
Hmm, I got 50 wpm. 100% accuracy, though .

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 16, 2002 04:28 PM            
Ok, 666, I did the test but I don't like the style it tests you in. I typed the sentence and thought was done for a 1/2 second but then I realized you had to click stop...anyways I got 100% accuracy and 114 WPM. Though I think I can do better with more text to type and if it automatically stops.

IP:

STJR64
posted June 17, 2002 02:51 AM            
It's not an entirely accurate typing test...probably because of the time it takes to get your hand from the keyboard to the mouse and click "stop."

I kept taking the test over and over and it kept giving me "88 wpm"...so as a test, I just typed in gibberish as fast as I could--which, when I do it with other software gives me about 150 to 175 wpm...here it gave me 116 so I've come to the official conclusion that this test is innacurate (hehe, not really an official conclusion but I really have seen better tests).

I'm going to look for a better test--if anyone finds one, post it here.

Talk to everyone later

~Scottie

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 17, 2002 12:23 PM            
STJR64, if you find a better typing program please tell me too. I feel that test is horribely inaccurate.

IP:

posted June 19, 2002 04:37 PM            
sorry to both of you .... both harmless and I did not even test it to see if it was any good...soooooo sorry...

IP:

STJR64
posted June 19, 2002 08:01 PM            
I have never been so insulted in all my life! No one has ever recommended a worse typing tester! 666, I cannot believe you would dare insult such honest, respectable individuals by destroying their self-worth and giving them a P.O.S. typing tester!

You had better be sorry or else...

Haha, just kidding--you don't have to be sorry, it's not a big deal at all...

~Scottie

[This message has been edited by STJR64 (edited June 19, 2002).]

IP:

posted June 20, 2002 01:18 AM            
I see you are going for the most spam also STJR64...ah...btw...you will need to download Trillian to keep up with GA...he helped me with the set up when I mess up...he took control of the mouse remotely on my desktop with NetMeeting...kind of cool...that boy has a future...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 20, 2002 11:36 AM            
w00t! Insult?? I take it as a compliment that 666 would go out of his way for me and you like that! Better be sorry? pfft! Hes the only one who found a typing tester for pete's sake! He should be congratulated for going out and at least finding one, nobody else here has! or at least they haven't been brave enough 2 post it

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 20, 2002 01:36 PM            
" I *DO* Play the Piano "

- When you can play Rimsky Korsakov's "Flight of the bumble bee", Bach's "Toccata & Fugue in D Minor", Vidor "Toccata", The Theme from "Ski Sunday", and the Oratorio of Solomon from Handel's "Queen of Sheeba" - then come back to me, ill be impressed - btw i could do that lot passing grades at high school

Course i own a soundblaster now so the roland d-10 and the yamaha dx7 have been locked away lol - i was glad of the room too

If you get a chance play with a casio sk-1 sampler they funny as hell

And for organs, you simply must try a Wersi Spectra....

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 21, 2002 01:42 AM            
pfft, matix, if your trying to baffle me about the piano, don't I know what most of those things are . Though some are just real fancy names that certain composers have made up, happens all the time in band hehe. The 16th n a half minuet of.............................. YECK!

I've heard Flight of the Bumble bee, sounds like some fancy finger work goin on though hehe. GJ matrix, though make a recording of yourself, and after I get a copy n learn it, then we gonna both post it on UBB and see whos the more agile finger The ant who can bearly fit on hte keyboard, even when in his mite!, or the hardcore TM'er in his giant steel tank! ye haw lol. BTW, Matrix, whats organ like, never played one, I just play piano, we have one from 1913!! LOL, Just found out when we moved, its real cool, theres even a 10 year warrenty on the inside, though its long expired LOL. how does the breaking system of the organ work? how come they have different layers for the keys? is that just for moving up and down the octives at extremes? What are the knobs on the side for?? Think I should take up organ to matrix? Maybe you can teach me when you come to California

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 21, 2002 04:58 AM            
Sounds like a plan GA though id need sumthin more upto date than 1913 lol.

an organ is ya basic piano keyboard cut in the middle and the 2 layers placed side by side. You assign different octaves/instruments etc to each layer for flexibility, just like midi'ing 2 synths together.

The footpedal is a pain to learn too, on the volume pedal theres usually 2 switches for pitchbend and wah (assignable on better organs).

The wersi is my fave because it just awsome.

Ps: bumble bee - you got a deal, i feel a competition looming.

Wersi Spectra

Site Link: http://www.billnew.freeserve.co.uk/wersi_spectra_dx_700_cd.htm

Have fun

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 21, 2002 05:35 PM            
tanks matrix

IP:

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4