|
Author Topic:   How do I delete linux and then reinstall it?
coaxs
posted June 06, 2002 01:04 PM            
Anyone can give a quick 5 step guide it would be very appreciated. The computer is a dell dual xeon processor.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 06, 2002 01:26 PM            
Are you dual booting and if so what is on the other partition. If not dual booting then just format the partition and start the installation over.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 06, 2002 01:50 PM            
Just boot off the Linux CD. It will give you the option of wiping out a partition.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 06, 2002 03:08 PM            
My friend had one hd partitioned but had Linix hidden on the secondary partition(one wihtout Win installed).He would press a key during startup and it would boot into Linux if he wanted.Otherwise Linux was hidden from everything.A guy installed it like that when he built the comp.He wanted me to reinstall Linux but that was over my head because I haven't seen anything like that.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 06, 2002 05:24 PM            
The HD isn't partitioned.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 06, 2002 08:14 PM            
If the HD is not partitioned then follow KiLIEr's idea and load the CD, start the computer, and reinstall Linux. Problem solved.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP: