|
Author Topic:   Boomstick (any of them)
Teulk
posted June 01, 2002 01:40 PM            
Been trying to get onto the Boomstick servers. From time to time I do actually get on the servers, however, the majority of the time, I find myself being booted for not having the right map, or the right version of TM. Having three installs of TM, and having dld all the maps ( as well as everything else, for that matter). Are there specific variations of the game neceesary for each of these servewrs? I try to read the requirements when I'm calling up the servers, however, is there something else I might be missing?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 01, 2002 01:51 PM            
One Shot Boomstick(boomstick 1), Boomstick 2 and Boomstick 3 are all my servers. they run TM 1.6.0-FULL. Here's the run down:

Boomstick 1: (oneshot Boomstick): Dudy's Server side one shot mod. No mods needed here except for the boomstickville map.

Boomstick 2: This one runs my TeamCTF Mod pack
dl from: http://boomstickjoes.vze.com/TeamCTF/

Boomstick 3: This one has all my non TeamCTF mods, tanks and maps.
dl from: http://boomstickjoes.vze.com/treadmarks/

Hope that helps! You can check the TMServer status page to see what mods are being run on what servers.

http://boomstickjoes.vze.com/TMServers/

IP:

Teulk
posted June 01, 2002 01:59 PM            
Ok for Boomstick 1--I will try it again
For Boomstick 2, which of my installs should I dld the packs to ( stock, mods, or SR).
I think the above question would stand for the Boomstick 3 as well.
BTW, thanks for the quick reply.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 01, 2002 04:44 PM            
Mods.

Boomstick #2 is a bit special though. TeamCTF contains a dos batch file that swaps the addons and TeamCTF directories and runs TM, then switches them back when you exit tm.

IP:

Teulk
posted June 01, 2002 11:16 PM            
Would you suggest I do a 4th install for Boomstick 2 then?? Would that be easier?
( MAybe one for 3 as well...where do I stop??!!)

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 02, 2002 01:19 AM            
Nah. TeamCTF takes care of that by not putting all of its junk into youe addons directory. For #3, just put it in the MODS group, since you probably have most of them there anyway. If you dl'd any of the master packs.

IP:

Teulk
posted June 02, 2002 01:53 PM            
I've dld so much stuff, I've probably lost track of it..as my daughter would say---' My Bad"

IP:

Teulk
posted June 05, 2002 02:10 PM            
OK, I've reached the end of the rope here. Have dld everything needed for Boomstick 2, however, " Map Load Failure" always displays when I try to start the game. I've been to the Boomstick site, read everything I possibly can, and am still having difficulties with this. Boom 3 seems to be OK (and the weapons are pretty wierd, and there's a heck of a lag most of the time, but at least it works--sometimes I can't "see" the enemy tanks though), but it's Boom 2 that's really getting to me. I really would like to try it out, so if there's a solution to this, I know you guys out there are the pro's...so come on down!!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 05, 2002 05:02 PM            
Boomstick 2 is the TeamCTF server. you would ned to install TeamCTF http://boomstickjoes.vze.com/TeamCTF/ and run the "TeamCTF.BAT" file located in your treadmarks directory. You can laso do this manually:

1) rename the AddOns folder to something else
2) rename the TeamCTF folder to addons
3) launch treadmarks

The reason for this is that I override a lot of ents which would cause alot of problems for normal play. So I had to seperate them.

IP:

Teulk
posted June 06, 2002 03:28 PM            
Did that...all the entities synch up, the only thing stopping me is the fact that the map won't load...and I've dld all of them!!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 06, 2002 03:48 PM            
How much ram to you have?

Also, can you play it in single player mode?

(I mean TeamCTF tanks and any of the parts thief maps)

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 06, 2002).]

IP: