|
Author Topic:   Opening BB
Teulk
posted June 01, 2002 01:35 PM            
Last year when I first started reading this fro this forum, when I initially logged into the site, all forums that had recent unread topics (by me) were highlighted until I decided to read them. Now, when I read from the first topic only, all the others that were highlighted are no longer highlighted. Is there a reason this has started to happen?? The old memory ain't what it used to be, so I find myself having to open more topics than I should to try and find the threads I haven't read yet. And the fact that I visit a minimum of twice a day, makes the dates and times of the topics i'm interested in or I'm searching a bit of a stretch for the old medulla. Any ideas??

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 01, 2002 01:58 PM            
The BB sets the forums unread when the last post in the forum is newer then the last time you logged in. But it dosn't keep track of each forum individually though.

IP:

Teulk
posted June 01, 2002 02:01 PM            
That's weird...it used to. If I didn't read all the threads in a forum, the highlight would remain. Wonder if they changed something on the home front.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 03, 2002 08:40 PM            
I do not think it changed. If you have not exited the bulletin board I think the icons still indicate until you leave and then come back to the bulletin board again. That second visit is when they would change on you I think. I have noticed that on other bulletin boards I have used before. May be wrong, but I think that is the way it works.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited June 03, 2002).]

IP: