IP:

Paranor
posted May 11, 2002 06:50 PM            
I played Kong last night.

What happened to Karldar? Too much pie?

IP:

Irascible
posted May 11, 2002 07:28 PM            
-I believe Cell left because some spammer was after him or something. It very well may have been the Crunchy One doing it. That had nothing to do with the community at large. That was his CHOICE.
-Guido was a trash talking vulgar and abusive racist. IF you mourn his loss then you're pretty pathetic.
-Kong has ALWAYS been irritable. He's has "left" before. The community at large ain't responsible for an individual's personality quirks. I personally don't mind Kong's quirks cause unlike Guido I think he's basically a decent person. He'll probably be back in no time. But it's his CHOICE.
-Karldar I think has not been fully up to speed on what was going on with Guido. I emailed him and hopefully he'll understand better. It might have been best if Coax had left Guido's thread in place so late comers would know what happened. I think Karldar was a late comer. It's also his CHOICE.

You really need to get off that horse. It ain't as high as you think. It's more akin to a sickly old mule that needs to be shot. Also, it's pretty odd that you should choose to come out of the woodwork to decry the banning of a reprobate bumb. Perhaps you know or are the Captain? Guido was the catalyst for you current comments. If you wish to defend such a sick b@st@rd then that's your CHOICE as well. Birds of a feather.

So to answer your question:
--The next one to be banned will be the next expletive ridden cognitively challenged little boy that CHOOSES to be pushy with his defects.--
It's happended this once as far as I know (oh no, aren't we just such terrible people... call the police... there's a meanie loose on the street...). The next one to CHOOSE to leave voluntarily will do so of their own accord. You catching the theme here?
--This group as a whole did nothing to these people.-- THEY made their CHOICES and are reaping the fruits of what they sowed. This is about as nice a community as there is on the web. That's not only an endorsement of our group but a sad commentary on others.
--So I've had it with your attempts to indict us all as witch hunters.-- If you don't care for the upholding of standards so be it. But it's not like the standard we're upholding will make any of us alter boy material. It's a rather loose one that anyone with one iota of intelligence and a marginal ability to fog a mirror could uphold. If that's too much for you, then I've got an extra mirror that you can practice with.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 11, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 11, 2002 10:47 PM            
Couldn't have said it better myself

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 11, 2002 11:06 PM            
Question - since the title of this thread is the List and that is all that was posted a list then where does all the resentment come from Ras and Supe. I do not see anything that called for what was said. It is only a list after all. It means nothing more than some people left for whatever reason - except for Guido - and asks a simple question. I think anyone is allowed to ask a question. Everyone wants things to calm down then now would be a good time to give a simple answer to the question and let it go. The answer no more hopefully and we hope that their is never another episode like it again. End!

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 02:16 AM            
I've been trying to duck alot of the comments about this stuff lately. But, thats not really who I am so I'll go ahead and respond. I don't think we'll loose anymore in fact I hope we can actually get Kong and Kegel back. Since, they left mainly for the desicions I made, perhaps with the 2 additional administrators they will come back. This is their chance to help elect someone that perhaps can help make better desicions then the ones I made. This is also their chance to be administrators too, and help make an even better community.

IP:

Irascible
posted May 12, 2002 03:03 AM            
Sailor,

You may have forgotten that he started a thread entitled, in all caps, "SHUT UP". Pretty damned rude and not so desirous of calm was it? He also posted his unhappiness about Guido being banned in one of Coax's threads. So Mystique has made his intent VERY clear. It isn't too hard to figure out. And this thread is most certainly NOT simply bookkeeping on who's left recently.

He certainly is allowed to ask a question. He also made a clear implication with the question. And when he's questioning me and the group as a whole I have the right to respond. Just as you responded to me. Don't you agree? Or do those rights run just one direction? If Mystique wanted calm, he wouldn't have made this post. He's got an axe to grind. I've got a response to give. All's fair in love and debate.

But, if this thread is simply fond remembrance of players gone by (*cough*), then he can certainly say so. But I doubt it will happen. His pattern thus far has been hit and run. And what makes it worse is he has contributed next to nothing to this board. He's up to 5 posts. I looked at all five and 3 of them are for the purpose of criticizing people here. Not exactly a sterling record.

Sailor, I hope you will separate the two distinct arguments that have happened here. One was over Guido and the banning of a foul mouthed and vocal racist. That is what is primarily being addressed here. Though Mystique is grouping together Guido, who was actively removed, with others who made choices to leave for reasons that had little to do with the group as a whole. The second argument, for which Mystique also piped up, was about what happened with Coax and his admin job. While I don't agree with you about the severity of the problem, I respect your views on it and Coax has in fact made amends. It seems that these two arguments have been melded together and your point about security has made you an ally of Mystique who, in this thread at least, is primarily addressing the removal of Guido. I suspect, or hope at least, that you agreed with the removal of that cancer.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 12, 2002).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 12, 2002 08:40 AM         
Who's next? Might be very well me.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 12, 2002 10:39 AM            
thats a good call Ras

"axe to Grind"

new sig time

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 02:43 PM            
Dreamer, don't go. I know you remember the Golden Days of Tread Marks and you want them back, so why don't you become an administrator and help the community grow. I personally remember the golden days and they weren't that golden in my opinion.

You've been an Admin for a long time at the BWL forum so you would be exceptionally talented for the job. If your considering leaving because of recent events don't.

For everyone who is considering leaving but barely ever speaks on the bboard. "Please don't blame me or recent events for your apathy on the bboard, and please don't use it as an excuse to leave. Especially now when you can be an Admin and help change the community into something better."

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 05:01 PM            
Ras - I simply disagreed with making a speech (as you put it based on what Mystique said in other threads previously) in this thread since it was only a question and not a statement or indictment of anyone that I could see. I have no problem with the removal of Guido. Since I was not present during the problems for which he was removed I would leave that decision up to people who were either there or have good information upon which to base the decision, but I see no reason to start an indictment of Mystique in this thread based on a perception of other threads. Point out the problems in the other threads do not second hand indict in this thread when you base it on other threads. People will not understand where you are coming from if they are not familiar with those other threads and future readers will be totally lost also. That is all I am pointing out and I think it is a valid point to make.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

Irascible
posted May 12, 2002 06:38 PM            
I'm glad we can disagree cordially. And at least you'll come on a debate the issue with some intelligence. As far as I'm concerned these short little posts "Who's next?" "I'm quitting the board" are just little temper tantrums by people seeking attention. The don't discuss or debate their problems at all. The just "bitch and run".

I do disagree on Mystique's intent. His implication is quite clear to me and doesn't rely on a subjective perception. He can come along and clear things up anytime he wants. But that's OK. We can agree to disagree and still have fun on the servers. This is all a tempest in a teapot anyway.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 12, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 13, 2002 12:46 AM            
I too am with Ras.I know what he meant without him having to say it.It was the same tone as his Shut Up thread.Whether he and Guido were friends or not I don't know.
And Sailor I think you are assuming too much too.I was only admiring the way Ras explained everything above yet you labled me without hesitation so ease up a bit.What happened to you..you have always been this quite nice guy that I respected and now it seems you like starting stirring things up these days.You obviously don't trust me since you got all riled up about coax giving me board access(which I'm still trying to figure out why you made a big deal out of it)I'm not your enemy and I don't know why you got a problem with me but I ask you to stop busting my chops please.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited May 13, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 13, 2002 04:24 AM            
That post wasn't to piss you off and sorry if I'm way off base with it but thats just what it seems from my point of view.I have some people that don't like me for no reason at all that I can tell so I have to assume.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 13, 2002 11:11 AM            
quote:
Who's next? Might be very well me.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha **Matrix turns into a scrooge lookalike and starts grinding his hands togather**

"Now more BWL Clan - hmmmm hehehehehe more free members to SOAK up !!!! Who hwhwhwhwhwhwhwhhahahahahaha"

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited May 13, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 13, 2002 01:50 PM            
Everyone needs to calm down. What the hell is the point of not cursing if we show this kind of non-sense to kids.....

Perspective.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 13, 2002 02:25 PM            
Good point MexIndian, I think its about time we move on from this stuff.

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 13, 2002 02:48 PM            
I agree.

Btw, Mystique is not Mysterial as suggested in the other thread.
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002299.html

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 13, 2002 02:53 PM            
No one is busting your chops Supe. You referenced Ras's statement above your comment and I referenced both of yours when I commented. You as they say "make an A$$ out of U and ME" with assumptions. Please get clarification before doing that and do not assume things. Asking is better that assumtions and we can all respect each others opinions even if we do not concur with one another. I do not have to be a believer in your ideas to be a reasonable person any more than you have be a believer in my opinions to be considered a nice and reasonable person. It is still a free country and we still have the right to individual opinions. So as you say I am not your enemy and I do not know why you have a problem with me, but I ask you to stop busting my chops - please.
Oh and as for the board admin access I never had a problem with you having it - you read too much into things - I had a problem with the process by which you got it. Do you understand now. It should have been in the open through LDA's knowledge not without it. It has nothing to do with the community knowing - but with LDA knowing - that was the problem I had with it. It is after all their bulletin board not yours, not coax's, not mine, and not the communities but LDA's. Now can we all be adult and understand. Thanks.

------------------
TMMaps

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 13, 2002 03:55 PM            
Well guys this is the general forum and we aren't yelling at each other.Every post dosen't have to be about sugar and spice.I'm human and I want people to like me and I want to know why people don't like me.It would seem that Sailor's posts pointed to the fact that he had a problem with me.I'm glad we clarified a few things.He knows how I felt and I know how he feels now.There were just a few things that weren't making me feel good about what was going on.He asked wh ythere was so much resintment with Ras and myself and the fact is that there was no resientment from me anywhere in this thread.
I took the same oath as you did Sailor so you know I beleive in the right to free speech.I would have a problem if you went out of you way to always say exactly the opposite I do or try to make me look bad.But I'm glad its cleared up.I appoligize to Sailor for assuming to much and now we can all be friends.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited May 13, 2002).]

IP:

posted May 29, 2002 01:05 AM            
That was cool of you Supe to apoligize...but back to the point that Sailor was trying to make...I have to agree that Ras' tone was too harsh...you know many people can read the words and also pick up on the emotions attached to the words...that is what makes some books classics and others just bomb shells... If Ras had just explain in a matter-of-fact way I do not think that salior would have mind...just a thought

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Irascible
posted May 30, 2002 09:35 PM            
So you're saying I could be a good author?
(voice of Monty Burns) Excellent.

(Boy were YOU late to the party!)

IP:

STJR64
posted May 31, 2002 12:55 AM            
Yes, this will make sound more than a little stupid, but what is going on?

I see a list of people that have left for some reason or another, Irascible is typing some strongly worded (but very well written, I might add--one of the few people in the world that can actually use big words and sound genuinely intelligent) responses, Coax is being alarmingly apologetic, and everyone else is saying "I will be the next to go."

If someone could please post a brief explanation of the event(s) leading up to this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

~Scottie

IP:

Irascible
posted May 31, 2002 01:27 AM            
Guido, also known as CapN Crunch, was banned from the BB for spewing expletives and racial slurs during in game chat. Some viewed it as a witch hunt. I took exception. Others took exception with my exception, with some exceptions of course. Anywho, I guess devil got bored and decided to venture into old threads.

BTW, you can see the vociferous one in all his glory here .

BTW #2 "Coax is being alarmingly apologetic."
LOL!!! That's exactly what I tried telling him before.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 31, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2