This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

|
Author Topic:   The List
posted May 31, 2002 02:55 AM            
Sorry...I was late to the party...I was busy installing my new hard drive when this all happenned.

But, what I would like to know is there a criteria to allow someone who has been ban to become a part of the TM community again. Yes, forgive and forget... Not sure if this has been thought out...but worth the comtemplation if it could heal old wounds.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 31, 2002 08:34 AM            
- nt

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited June 01, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 31, 2002 08:45 AM            
-nt by request

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 31, 2002 07:55 PM            
An important thing to note is that he wasn't banned just because of on-line conduct he was banned because he broke the Rules and policies of the bboard.

quote:
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

The above is part of the contract we all "signed" when we registered a name at the LDA bboard. I personally received knowingly false and defamatory, invasive, harassing, hateful posts directed towards me. I also saw it done to others. What, I apologized for was not Guido banning but loaning out my password so that if I wasn't available and there was a real emergency someone else could be there to help out. Since then 2 more admins have been selected from the community to help me out, since reading every post on this bboard is very overwhelming and since TM is expecting an influx of players. The 2 new admins haven't been given Admin privileges from LDA yet, I suspect LDA has been too busy with their $100,000 lawsuit to get around to it yet.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 31, 2002 07:59 PM            
Too right you spend loads of time patrolling this forum and he done bad - he paid the price and the piper, now it seems kong did a bunk too and the pair have shacked up together - so here hoping thats an end to the matter.

Id encourage ppl to NOT visit kongs forums and perpetuate guido's self pitying "im not guilty" crap.

IP:

KONG
posted May 31, 2002 09:53 PM            
"false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive" Please dont make staements about me or what I do, as you dont know what I do.

And please remove those direct links to my server that are on your website. thank you

IP:

KONG
posted May 31, 2002 10:21 PM            
Thats All

Kong

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 01, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 01, 2002 12:18 AM            
Resolved
------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited June 02, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 01, 2002 01:39 AM            
Well I ain't really had too much of a say in this primarily because I don't like to intervene on peoples' politics or religious perspectives as they are the two reasons for the start of war and the perpetuation of it!

If Guido made his apparently racial slurs, then it's at his discretion. I'm sure many would be offended at what he said, but from what I gather it wasn't really that that hammered the nail into his coffin, just the fact, apart from what coax said 2-3 posts back, that noone would let it go.

It may seem harmless enough to react and try to bring something to a head but for some people it's not enough and have to get the last word in. It's happened once to often lately and starting to take it's toll.

We are now witness to the first cracks in the community but it takes more than 1 to tango really! I am not defending anyone here or leaning on any other persons views, I'm simply saying that if it's a 'hot topic', then don't get involved unless you are genuinely offended or affected by it. If so then take it to ICQ or some form of personal one-to-one communication.

This is a game. There are people who enjoy playing it and reading/having a laugh on the posts and in-game. We don't like seeing this! I'm not going to say anymore. thanks

IP:

KONG
posted June 01, 2002 01:58 AM            
resolved.

IP:

KONG
posted June 01, 2002 02:10 AM            

Why?

IP:

KONG
posted June 01, 2002 02:40 AM            
here.

IP:

KONG
posted June 01, 2002 03:17 AM            
thing?

IP:

Irascible
posted June 01, 2002 03:19 AM            
"Glad you had the nuts to post, since no one else did."

Ah nuts.

"since the admin has not responded, within 6 hours if no official response has been forthcoming. I will take it that the bbs official position is "anti jew""

Taking Matrix or Coax on is one thing. But that statement was just plain stupid. Are you trying to debate or have a one man flame fest? I'm sure Coax has a life and is probably enjoying his weekend. He is still the only admin with access, in case you didn't know. It's unreasonable to expect him to hover over the boards night and day.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited June 01, 2002).]

IP:

STJR64
posted June 01, 2002 03:33 AM            
I was reading Sailor's most recent post and it seemed like he was defending Guido by saying that he has a right to freely convey his opinions. Right after that, he refers to "Kong's right to allow free speech (within limits he sets) on his forum's".

Interesting, isn't it? If Kong can set limits to free speech in HIS forum, why can't LDA set limits to free speech in THEIR forums?

My personal opinion is that this is a bigger deal than it needs to be. From his posts that were copied here I gathered that he was a very mean-natured person. That's fine, but if you agree to certain conditions in order to use the forums, you must abide by them or the consequences will be suffered.

~Scottie

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 01, 2002 05:15 AM            
AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh.............. How do I respond without sounding bitter?

First, I explained where I was, but it sounded silly, nevertheless it can be summed up that I was with my girlfriend this past Friday night.

This board in no way supports "anti-jew" stuff.

I have no problems with any race, I like every race.

Matrix comments do seem to be anti-Semitic (near hateful) in nature. I would suggest to Matrix to either edit his post since some members have been strongly offended by his comments. If he does not I would like the other elected ADMINS to e-mail me and each other on what next move should be done. If, I receive no messages by the time I wake up, the last part of Matrix's post pertaining to the Jewish people will be edited.

Also, Kong when you said

quote:
"false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive" Please dont make staements about me or what I do, as you dont know what I do.
And please remove those direct links to my server that are on your website. thank you

Were you talking to me? I wasn't making statements about you, I was talking about Guido.

In the interest of the whole community at large I would like to suggest that everyone be more sensitive and conscience of what they post. Please move all personal beliefs of race, religion and politics off the bboard and take it to non LDA boards for a month or 2 until we are all more calm and sane.

P.s. Was going to write something here, but again it sounded way to bitter

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 01, 2002 05:35 AM            
After re-reading this thread for the 4th-5th time, I usually do this since some nuiances of the posters can be missed.

I think Matrix made a mistake in saying, "now it seems kong did a bunk too and the pair have shacked up together." It is a fair mistake to some degree, I also asked Sailor personally if he had seen all the hateful stuff Guido was posting on Kong's board. He assured me that neither he nor Kong share Guido's views but beleive in having a forum where people are free to post their opinions. He also assured me that there are limits to what is considered acceptable on Kong's board and if Guido ever crosses that line they would take action.

Perhaps some of this would be less of a big deal if people would talk via ICQ. Instead of flaming characters on the bboard. Since one flame leads to 2 more in defense and more flames of that person, which leads to more flames and more flames and more flames. I got flamed and I didn't even say that stuff, but I was partially blamed since it was on a board that I admin for. The irony will not be pointed out though

Please everyone try to calm down, I would hate to see this place go to Hell. I'm truly in love with this community and want to see it succeed.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 01, 2002 05:56 AM            
Also (this thread never ends) thankyou for showing Guido's true colors Matrix, but if your going to critique him do it at Kong's forum since he is not allowed to post and defend himself here.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 01, 2002 06:08 AM            
I dont hate jews, far from it, and my next door neighbour is one, and a good friend at that .... i was merely drawing comparison from the odd and LOUD behaviour that is being exibited.

- and since i can see where this is leading i have edited out my comments.
My appologies to those i offended with my badly chosen words. It's not a case of having the bottle to talk kong, its a case of knowing when to stop.

Kong & Guido no longer exist in my world, and I will not post any views on race, reliegeious or political issues. From now on im strictly beige in colour - so dont ask me for an opinion - i wont have one, and my posting on LDA will be severely limited by what i choose not to say in case i *upset* anyone.

IP:

posted June 01, 2002 11:13 AM            
There is an offical policy for posting on the BB...as reminded by Coax. Thus if you do not abide by the policy then you will be ban. Rules are rules.

But what I still want to know is there a policy for letting someone who has been ban is allow to re-enter the TM community. I would think a month ban would be appropiate. Once the person has served that month probation then they would be allowed back in. If they break the rules again they would be ban again for a month...and then allowed back in after a month. Thus if they keep breaking the rules...they simply will not be able to post due to the month probation.

There should be a mechanism to allow people to change to see the error of there ways...DNX allowed me to join their clan when I was the worse spawn fragger around...but yet I changed. I would think the LDA forum should allow others to be able to change.

Just a thought..

------------------

IP:

Teulk
posted June 01, 2002 01:24 PM            
I don't think spawn-fragging, and race-bashing are comparable

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 01, 2002 03:09 PM            
Do not think I know of a policy to allow someone to rejoin. Maybe we should ask Jim about that one. Good point mr devil. Oops did not mean that - 666

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 01, 2002 04:17 PM            
I told Guido after the fact that he was more than welcome to come back at some point in time,if he learned how to obey rules...on the servers and the BB.In fact I said I would have forgotten everything if he appologized to coax and everyone else that was on the server,the two times that I know it happened.Which he didn't and I believe that eventually led to his banning from the BB along with other things taken into consideration.But I'm all for having Guido come back at some point in the future.

IP:

posted June 02, 2002 04:25 AM            
You still need an offical policy and the ones that have been banned need to be notified about it...yes, I would like to see it in writing.

As for the apoligy...well...that is the hardest thing to do...to admit you are wrong...I would not press for it...it usually takes time for most people to see the error of their way...thus the ban should be good enough to let all parties cool down and get on with the games...

See you all at the LDA strategy forum

------------------

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2