This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4  |
Author Topic:   DOG CORPSE - Language
=DNX= Matrix
posted March 09, 2002 02:56 PM            
Whats the prob bro ? - u had sod all armour left and when i was about to kill u - u went for the DEATH WISH.... that was suckky and I said so ingame, but i dont think "MATY F U" was reasonable answer given your actions.... Im guessing you got outa bed the wrong way, if im wrong you may need an attitude adjustment.

Or did you just expect me to be a pushover having not played in 6 months ?

Ive dropped a few swear words in there over the last 10 hrs, but i didnt aim them at anyone, just frustration for dying before my spawning touches ground; and i always say sry afterward.

If you cant be civil to ppl, stay away from the games.

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 09, 2002 03:37 PM            
BOO!
Alt-Ker!! Alt-Ker!!!
Just take it in the chest man!

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

synack
posted March 09, 2002 03:50 PM         
He's the individual about whom I've posted previously, but not named. He has the single foulest mouth I've ever encountered online. A total knee-biter. His fellow DOGs shake their heads at him. I just frag him when I can, and I don't even bother replying to his immature, crude remarks.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 09, 2002 04:32 PM            
Lol, sounds like a pre-pubescent teen to me.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

synack
posted March 09, 2002 04:44 PM         
I tried reasoning with him when he first appeared, but he's a total jerk.

When I see him now, I usually say "here comes Potty Mouth" when he connects, and then he spends the rest of the game spewing obscenities at me. He's so pathetic, it's almost laughable.

IP:

wolfman
posted March 09, 2002 07:05 PM            
Same thread different individual - had someone use the death wish just before I would of finished them off. Definitely frustrating - seems to be the newer players. Though I will be the first to admit I have used the deathwish-though only when there is no one even showing up on the radar. Just wanted to vent I guess. LOL

IP:

Paranor
posted March 09, 2002 09:51 PM            
That's a shame because kids do play this game.

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 09, 2002 09:53 PM            
Some gamers will never get it...I don't worry about it anymore. Besides...isn't that a feature of the game? Just don't let him/her/it push yer buttons, Matrix.

BTW, I'd thought you'd be a push over...just kidding! Glad to see you back...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 10, 2002 01:33 AM            
Ya i guess, figured it was worth hilighting tho - if theres a repeat ill be calling on the clan leaders to vote on his suitability to membership of the dmf for tournies n such. I think its a foregone conclusion its a bad thing - like para says, kids play this game.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 01:50 AM            
Intentional foul language is never welcomed at any tourny to my knowledge. I have no problem not including "potty-mouths" on the DDM ladder; since the ladder is for fun, and their foul language subtracts from fun.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 10, 2002 02:50 AM            
agreed.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 10, 2002 12:37 PM            
Agreed Coax...

Somehow this description reminds me of quite a few people I've encountered online...I wish LDA would add a client password access server kick control feature so you can be playing (and give other trusted people) the ability of remote kicking people...obviously it would have to be some sort of non-talk entry mode that doesn't currently exist.

I know Tom doesn't like doing anything with the netcode for TM...but this isn't exactly major

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 10, 2002 01:20 PM            
Well BZ has a /kick command that the host of a game or chatroom can point at an abusive player and use to expunge them.

Perhaps an external bot that interrigates the text in packets and will perform a host based /kick command automatically if certain keywords are detected.

The host of a game would at the moment need to typer in the command, and thats only an input, if we can get an external program to issue the input then nobody need play with any tm netcode... more of an integrated tool realy, much like the mod picker/launcher that was recently made.

thoughts about this ? i recon it would be a good idea.... verbal in bz is at an all time high according to ppl i talk to and its even pushing players away from the central lobby into their own rooms where they have the control.

Lets nip this in the bud for the next patch update.

thoughts ?

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 11, 2002 10:44 AM            
originaly posted by matrix
i was playing with ras , matrix , and max last night , it was an alright game i was dooing so - so as usual, but i spawned landed on a cruise and directly infront of me was Ras...so i fired (please note if ras had been super insted for example i would not have fired and neithre would he thus resulting in no stoopid spawn fragging)but i fired and Ras and yes , he dethwished!! now i kind alived with his spawnfragging kind of cos he never reely ever managed to spawn frag me with anything smaller than a cruise or nuke or plasma to the A-hole so i lived with it yet stil objected , but this put me over the edge , thin is matrix you didnt say anything U AGREED that he was in the ok , i know he didnt swear or anything bu they this is enough, so what else can i think??? Ras pulls alot of weight around here and is also one of the major moders i bileev??? so shouldent this makew him strive to make a good example? and i hate to say it but the reason he pull so much weight is why my own clan leader didnt stik up for little old me!?!?!??!?! i know probably not but i still have it in the bak of my mind, eithre that or its just me , as we know he didnt quite like my beer thred , but i did apologise and had no intention of insulting him , but i know alot of you stayed kool with me in that it was just fun.
and i cant just spawnfrag/dethwish him bak , because that just isnt right , the comunitys best parts are the honour and respect given to other players in that they can even get a chance to hit the ground or get the frag they earned, thats wher ei get my community spirit along with helping your team mates who ever they may be, Ras changed teams in this game as soon as he saw he was with me i think , could have been cos there wasnt enuff human players to go around but it looks bad , i dont wana bust your chops ras i dont want it to get personal , all i kno wis ive nevr intentionaly gone out of my way to get your back up , but im 100% you have to me

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 11, 2002 11:11 AM            
---------
"U AGREED that he was in the ok"
---------

I said that spawn fragging was ok if you dont do it - i was joking.... lol (that was in the previous game)

In the game in question ras asked me if i was one of the honour gods. I came back with something like "hey if u wanna do it its fine", my point being expect it back if you do., ppl who deathwish earn my utter contempt, bz has a similar thing called "eject" and its generally seen as BAD because it robs the attacker of score while still giving the wisher his death, its both unfair and imorral. "Wishing" should only be done if you are so far out of the map you cant be arsed getting back or get stuck in a gravity well/wall stuck for whatever reason roof etc.

For the record i dont approve of it and it is very irritating, almost as much as ice maps. I look down on general swearing in games unless its a wry comment intended in fun (nothing too harsh)... but even i get frustrated with ras's technique sometimes.

As with G/c no disrespect intended but hell man you survive 90% of my attacks no matter what i hit you with; and bugger me if you dont manage to find the shadow most every time it appears.

Now im not throwing accusations around merely hilighting a possible problem ~ read on.

In bz there is a weapon called "BLAST" which is like the mass cept it dont knock ya its just a very hard punchy laser - typically 4 hits is enough to twat any normal ship; if a player has cable/dsl and is using blast he seems to send 2x the packet information and indeed the blast becomes a dual blast in one shot and using the same ammount of ammo (when this foirst came to light players on better connections were branded as hackers). Also the accuracy rate jumps noticably - now i dont have anything higher then 56k but could such a thing be going on here ? my packet info not reaching a dsl/cable player till its too late ? thoretically the data would take the same time to go from me to lda server then on to the other player as it would coming back, but i think the key here is ping from the dsl/cable user as opposed to the 33.6/56k/isdn user.

netrate ? are there proposed standards ? would a higher netrate give better connected players an "advantage" - i really dont know too much about the technical stuff behind this but i would welcome any comments that give me the info i need to properly assess this possible "advantage" - again ras i straess, no offence intended, just infuriating to play you.

As for the shadow - gimmie a clue, luck of the draw maybe but hell does it ever favour you.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited March 11, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 11, 2002 11:28 AM            
-

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 15, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 11, 2002 11:49 AM            
-

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 15, 2002).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 11, 2002 12:33 PM            
just 1 thing i guess. im not mr nobility so dont make me out to be all self ritiouse man
, and supe isnt "the beter guy" we as with some others have merely an understanding , which in turn means that if you did with the few that dont spawn frag , and as u quite rightly pointed out u dethwished befor ei fired, now i WAS gona fire but thats only cos u spawn frag me , now if u think about it it benefits us both if we dont , i wont shoot u with machine gun to nuke .(whatever) if u dont me , then u wont have to dethwish and u can go get a few more frags before u die insted of you killing yourself or me spawn fraging u *BREAATH* which benefits us both ..oh yes and i dont get frustrated as wont you i guess , now hey i dont want it to be grudgeingly , i think your an alright guy , your quite funy as well with some thing su say when we play so i dint wan aget on the wrong side of u dude , cant we all just get along? lol
but seriousely i just want everything to be hunky dorey , this is the only thing bothering me , shake? =/

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 11, 2002 12:48 PM            
Ok hands digitally shook and were all m8's again - venting anger is so much fun isnt it lol clears the air.

Now ras, please dont hold it against me if i get the shadow, reload it about 50 times then pursue you across the map - did i mention increasing its range too HAHAHAHAHA Muhahahahaha Muhahahaha *puts small finger at edge of closed mouth* Muhahahahaha

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited March 11, 2002).]

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 11, 2002 01:03 PM            
We all equalls in TM as far as i am concerned click, nobody pulls any more weight than anybody else

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 11, 2002 04:22 PM            
LOL...you guys.Yes...tempers flare when you are playing in a game.As I have said before I have lost it before on many occasions.Even this past Sunday when me,Par,and Ira where running really close...We where all had like 28 frags...I go up to 29 and take the lead...get fragged...spawn on plasma mines..start laying them..then a material bomb spawns in the spot..I'm thinking the game is mine when I grab it and see a bunch of red dots close by....then something hits me and knocks me into my own mines so I lose the a frag and go back to 28.I yell out a few unpleasantries at my computer and needless to say a few secons later the game is over and I lost.So there is plenty of emotion in the game.Some poeple handle the emotions better than otheres. It is basically a competetion in every game and everyone wants to be the winner.People who say "Chill out...its just a game" are really missing the bigger picture.In just about every multiplayer game you play its humans vs humans.......not little tanks on you computer screen vs each other.Like a chess game...winning means you have to use your brain,anticipate and plan attacks and defensive moves... or just get really lucky.
With all of that folded together...I'm not going to like it when somebody spawn frags me and/or uses the death wish to avoid getting fragged.The only exeptions for a spawn frag would be if you are nailing someone and another person spawns in front of that person and gets fragged in the process.I've seen some people yelling at me the last few weeks saying that I spawn frag.When these people spawn I wait for them to get to a spawn point.I DON"T wait for them to get a good weapon though.If you go to the spawn point and get a ammo box or plasma mines you better be aiming the 120 at me because its a weapon too and does a good job of bouncing people back Thats not spawn fragging.The only expetion for using a death wish would be if team damage is on and your team mate hurts you on accident.In my opinion....And if someone thinks I'm picking on them by fragging them all the time...I just go after the closest red dot whether it be the same person I just got done fragging.I do feel a little bad when its a newbie that I keep fragging but I remember getting my butt handed to me when I first started playing.Its what made me want to get better.When I fisrst started playing on the demo servers and few years ago I would play with the player Marbeless,who was very good,almost everynight.Over time he started to frag me less and less until I was able to frag him more times then he was able to frag me.That was a good feeling to finally beat someone that had been kicking my butt for so long.

Anyway...before this turns into a novel

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 11, 2002 05:50 PM            
Alt-Kers! Eat my plasma cannon!

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 11, 2002 07:05 PM            
I have been spawn fragged on a few occassions by more veteran players inthis game also and I do shout at the screen a lot..punch things like my headphones an whatever!

All thie 'hoo hah' is making me feel less in touch with my morals and am prone to taking the more playground approach:

you spawn me, I spawn u

So from now on you know why when you drop and see me there. FILS

I understand Grind's frustration at this and I'd like to add to this...Sage was going on so much about newbies spawnfraggin and deathwishin especially...jee I think I still have a screen shot of little Sage DWing right in front of me when one more shot was to suffice for 1 frag... but hey...all mates and digital handshakes aside.

DDM's on the other hand I only play fair when I play!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

-DNX-Ni
nt

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited March 11, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
nt..damn dial up

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited March 11, 2002).]