This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Admin Notes
coax
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 11:05 AM            
Guido, has been banned from the bboard. I won't bother giving reasons why, his actions speak for themselves. Any future personas he takes on the bboard will also be blocked from posting. Hopefully we can all go back to playing Tread Marks and having a fun time like we always do.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 08, 2002 11:09 AM            
wow! Well it seemed to be coming! Coax puts the foot down!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

Irascible
posted May 08, 2002 11:13 AM            
That's good news. Except... now I need a new whipping boy. Mex will surely die of boredom if I don't have someone to exchange "mildly whitty but not as much as I think" quips with. Or even worse, I might become someone else's whipping boy. *GASP*

...actually nevermind. I could have found a way to argue with Mother Theresa. Your entertainment is assured Mex.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 08, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 08, 2002 12:26 PM            
I volunteer

Good work coax it was coming for some time, you made the right decision - it now remains to be seen if this serves as a lesson for him to change his in-game manners and playstyle, it should also serve as a warning to others.

IP:

Paranor
posted May 08, 2002 01:15 PM            
Care to share his IP address to ban him from servers? Was it constant?

Thoughts on that?

IP:

Neo
posted May 08, 2002 01:24 PM            
He's gonna re-register as something like "Mystique" or something. Good luck keeping him out. I think you're just fueling his fire. I thought he was kind of funny.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 08, 2002 02:23 PM            
bye bye...bad guy

IP:

peeeto
posted May 08, 2002 03:07 PM         
i, too, thought he was more funny than antagonistic... certainly have seen more offensive characters around before.

never found his posts to be that bad, and he was always quick to apologise, too.

[edit] ...looks like i spoke before i knew about the racist comments, which i definitely disapprove of. looks like he had it coming. sad.
p.s. i left my original comments un-touched, despite the mis-spelling!

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited May 08, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 03:56 PM            
And for anyone that thinks this action was uncalled for....We haven't been having problems with Guido just recently.Although what he did this past week was enough reason the bann him.What you do on the servers can effect you on this BB.Although he did PLENTY of stirring up anger on the BB.This is something that has been going on for a year or more now and I'm glad we finally have a tool that can draw a line in the sand.I don't think anyone else deseves to be banned,just Guido.I was going to get in the big list of things he has done but I have to get ready for work.And I seriously hope that we can alllow him back in someday when he grows up when he learns that a server or the BB isn't a place your vent his bigotry and hatred.This was a big step for the community but it was something that was totally needed.

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 08, 2002 04:30 PM            
Hey peeeto, you had a misspelling.

And with regard to entertainment...... it's no secret that I dug Guido... in general I like strong personalities....too bad he had to be a BAD PERSON.

So Ras... pick up juggling. God knows your ideals are scoffable (Notice the intricacy of this statement..... DAMN I'M BRILLIANT!). :P

So yah, notice Ras, that I am now taking an active role in my entertainment.

Hey man, we should continue our argument on the board... keeping our statements short... whaddya think?

PS - to all those who don't know, there is no beef between Ras and myself, he just likes to sharpen his wit and me too.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

Neo
posted May 08, 2002 04:35 PM            
I was unaware that he'd said anything racist; I was just recalling guido's personality from my own experience. I haven't really been reading the BB that much, I guess. I apologise if I gave the impression that I approved of any sort of racist or prejudiced comments.

However, I don't think guido takes anything seriously--I don't think that's entirely a bad thing, either. On the other hand, racism is not something that should be taken lightly, and I do agree with the decision to ban any individual making racist or otherwise hateful comments. However, I haven't seen his comments, so I suppose it would be unwise for me to make any sort of judgement as to whether his comments were intended to carry any degree of malice.

At any rate, banning individuals caught making inappropriate comments on the BB is acceptable, but banning people on account of playful comments, taunts, and teasing is not. If it were up to me, I would suggest very sparing use of the "ban" feature, especially in the game itself.

IOAG, after all. Isn't it?

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted May 08, 2002 05:10 PM            
Its just a shame that it had to go this far and end up this way.

Oh well.

------------------

"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted May 08, 2002 05:33 PM            
It would be dead easy to change your tank and name to guido and stitch him up or anybodyelse, so i think you gotta be 100% sure before you ban him. If your sure then there is no more for me to say.

IP:

Neo
posted May 08, 2002 06:05 PM            
Exactly.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 08:18 PM            
Reasons:
Numer one,I have played TM for a long time now and I know who a player is by the way they talk and play.
Number 2,this isn't the only time that Guido has got on a server and cussed everyone out
Number 3,Guido is the only reg that I can think of that has ever gotten on a server and cussed everyone out and caused problems in this forum.
Number 4,He was jsut appointed spokespoerson for DOG when it happened and the guy on the server was telling everyone our days was numbered because the DOg clan was coming
Number5,And this is the kicker.He started a thread where he said sorry for the language then tried to bash DNX in that thread.He just appoligized for what he had done on the server.If you have a confession you don't need concrete evidence.
Number6,Guido is known for his non compliance with our rules.He came onto the board along with some IP's from the UK(cough cough) and spammed it a hell of a lot with that Marmilizer crap.Thats enough right there to bann him from the forum.
Unfortunantly TM servers don't keep logs of IP addresses that join so there is no way of comparing IP's.But you need need that when you have a conbfession and everything else I stated.TM is small enough and I play A LOT so I know what is going on and who's doing it.

I hope that puts you mind at ease.

IP:

Neo
posted May 08, 2002 08:45 PM            
That's fine, but I won't be at all surprised if we soon find another Marmalizer in our midst as a result of this.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 08, 2002 08:52 PM            
When we connect to the net, we are without age, race, politics, religion, sex or history ..... just people with names who post and get along playing games and posting text - thats the way it should stay. It is wrong both morrally and legally to singally or by combination attack people under these general guidelines; doing so gets ppl's back up as we have seen.

Now that the issue has been discussed, the problem sorted and the agreed result of who when where and why ... can we get back to playing the game and close the threads associated to this topic. As was previously stated, not at all good lunchtime reading - and certainly NOT what we want potential players to be reading.

IP:

KONG
posted May 08, 2002 09:17 PM            
Did Guido do anything on this bbs that he should be banned, or did it all take place on the server? I really just require a one word answer. yes or no. Please, no rehashing of what has already been stated or what he did. Did he abuse the BBS?

I only ask because I may have missed something.

------------------
KongTM

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 08, 2002 10:02 PM            
Well to say no rehashing would be like saying, no discussing on a discussion board.

This whole matter was very messy. A final decision was made. We have already found out that more discussion is leading only to more endless discussion and bitterness.

Is it possible to move all these threads to the general forum. That way the people who want to keep it going can do so if they wish. And everyone else can get their heads back in the game. I am pretty sure everyone would agree on that.

IP:

KONG
posted May 08, 2002 10:08 PM            
Thats fine Kev, but I still would like a response. Probably best if Coax answers this for me. Thanx

------------------
KongTM

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 11:07 PM            
For those of you that don't know I share admin access along with coax.He needed help when people were spamming the board so I don't help moderate something unless he needs help.And I can answer your question by saying yes,he has abused the BB in the past.

IP:

KONG
posted May 08, 2002 11:33 PM            
Did LDA give you a password to moderate?
Or are you just using Coaxs' password and logon?

I really don't think I wanna post here anymore.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 11:36 PM            
Did he directly abuse the BBS by saying filth? To be honest it's up to interpretation. One could always give his actions the benefit of a doubt. But, this has been done many times, and only sends us in loops. The consensus was not to have him as a member in our community, and I executed the multitude demands for his expulsion.

I never ever want to have to do this again. Seriously, it was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I was elected to delete spam and not to deal with the intricacies of negotiating with illogical nuisances. I would like to nominate SuperUnknown and Kevlar as co-administrators so in the future it isnít left up to one person to decide. Both are levelheaded individuals who have the Tread Marks community at heart.

IP:

KONG
posted May 08, 2002 11:42 PM            
consensus? By whom? He says he HAS been helping you and now you say that you nominate them? What the H#ll kind of game is being played here?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 11:44 PM            
During the Marmilizer times. Many IPs had to be tracked down and sorted through. I loaned Super my password to help me filter through the multitude of IPs and track the users. He was very crucial in helping me out since I was a novice in such matters. I never got around to changing it since I tend to like that password. He also helps delete the spam when I'm away from the bboard. Didn't think it was an issue. I'll change the password right now if you have a problem with it.

No game is being played. Super has been with the community for a long time and has helped it grow like you have. He is rational and listens to both sides of an argument like Kevlar. Both would make fine administrators too IMHO.

Consensus involves those that ask for it on the bboard, the many different people on ICQ that have contacted me and the e-mails I've received.

[This message has been edited by coax (edited May 08, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3