|
Author Topic:   how can i findout what the video card for a mac is?
coax
Administrator
posted December 26, 2001 01:48 AM            
-=see topic title=-

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Karldar
posted December 27, 2001 02:01 PM            
Been a loooooooooooong time since I used a mac, but don't they have a control panel type option-depends on the os, of course. Mebbe u could try to enter a setup mode upon bootup or something and check the bios, or whatever macs have. K, well, that's all the "expert" advice I can impart, coax. Prolly need a more knowledgeable party to get involved here-lol. Doesn't anyone here use a mac?

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 27, 2001 02:57 PM            
thank for your help, its a standard imac. My friend that lives far away bought a game for it and he says its to jittery on his computer while its not jittery on his friends computer. I thought maybe he needed to update his video card drivers which he doesn't know what they are since he is young and obviously unexperienced enough to buy an imac in the first place. I told him to see if it mentions video card in the mac version of a control panel. It took him sometime to find the control panel but he said there was no listing there for video card.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 27, 2001 05:04 PM            
Hmmm, could be integrated mobo/video/sound(ugh) on the imacs since they're the economical option for macs and prolly highy proprietary, but I dunno for sure. BTW, I've considered gettin' a G4-if nothin' else, they look cool .

EDIT: Looks like the new imacs come with ATI's RAGE 128 Ultra 16 MB vid cards*shudder*. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iMac
They used to come with RAGE 128 Pro's. Scary, huh?
------------------

[This message has been edited by Karldar (edited December 27, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 28, 2001 05:31 PM            
yes, he does have an ATI card. He ran a search for ATI and came up with 89 hits.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 29, 2001 01:13 PM            
So did he find the drivers he needed? IF that's what he needed.... Personally, I think he needs an IBM compatible so he can play TM with us-hehe.

------------------

IP:

coax LWA
posted December 29, 2001 04:58 PM            
he ended up returning the game. It got to complicated for him.

IP: