|
Author Topic:   Processor Speed
coax
Administrator
posted October 27, 2001 02:50 AM            
How can i tell what speed my processor is, just to make sure I haven't been ripped off.?

IP:

KONG
posted October 27, 2001 03:02 AM            
contact me and i'll send u sumthin

IP:

Rex R
posted October 27, 2001 04:48 AM            
should be listed on your bios setup

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 27, 2001 06:49 PM            
can't find you on icq kong.

How does one check the bios setup.

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 27, 2001 11:59 PM            
coax, get WCPUID.

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted November 15, 2001 02:38 PM            
Coax,
Silly question, but have you tried removing the heat sink and looking at what is etched on the chip? That is the sure way to tell (unless you have a really good counterfeit chip).
You might have to wipe a little heat sink grease off, but that won't hurt anything. Just don't wipe it all off, there needs to be some on there to fill the gaps when you put the heat sink back on.
AMD and Intel have CPU ID utilities, but they don't really tell you the speed of the chip, they tell you what family, etc., it is in.
I have a lot of experience with hardware, so if you are having a problem, let me know. I will be glad to help.
mELON cRACKER [LWA]

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 15, 2001 11:59 PM            
mELON cRACKER, that's not exactly the smoothest move for someone who's not a hardware god - it's pretty easy to wreck a CPU putting the HSF back on...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 18, 2001 06:57 PM            
well kong did send me something and everything seems to be on the up-and-up. I've opened up my computer before but don't have a clue what this heat sink you speak of is, sounds a bit over my head.

IP:

STJR64
posted November 21, 2001 08:21 PM            
coax,
When your computer performs the memory test at bootup, your processor brand and speed should be listed above the memory test itself.
Any problems, post a message and I'll get back to ya.

~Scott Jr.

IP: